connecting to web with blackberry

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by composer66, Feb 13, 2007.

1. composer66 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new to Mac. Macbook Pro 2.16. I'd like to know if any of you have connected to the internat via your cell phone. I have a blackberry with internet connection already set-up. My mac recognizes it thru bluetooth, but not not see an internet connection. My service provider has not been really helpful, but maybe I'm the one doing something wrong. Any pointers would be much appreciated. I LOVE my new Mac, never going bacl to PC. Thanks

2. Ben Kei macrumors regular

I'm not sure if it works like that I'm afraid.

I have a Nokia with a 24 hour active internet connection.
    Just out of curiosity I attempted to get online with my iBook via the Nokia.
    It won't use the Nokia's internet connection but instead tries to use it as a dial-up modem to connect to a service.
    My provider gives a dial up service in case of problems with the wireless modem so I gave that a try, input the number and it worked fine.

So I would guess that a mobile phone can only be used as a dial up modem and not a portal to an existing mobile internet service.

3. composer66 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes that is what I was told. That I have to use it as a dial-up. I will try that again, thanks.