Connecting to wifi network after bootup

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chuchichan2524, Mar 24, 2006.

1. chuchichan2524 macrumors regular

After I restart my laptop I am not able to connect to my wifi network automatically. The AE status bars are grayed out and I have to click on them and select my network. I thought I configured everything properly. From System Preferences I went to Network (Location is set to Automatic and Show is set to Airport. I then went to By default, join and selected Preferred Networks. I then added my network to the field.

Is there anything else that I should be doing? Thanks.

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Hrmmm. I can't say for sure. Have you tried using the Internet Connect app and configuring everything that way?

What brand of wireless router do you have?

3. IanC macrumors regular

Theres an issue with 10.4.5 and reconnecting to wireless networks on start up/waking from sleep.

4. kbonnel macrumors 6502

Funny that this thread should come up as I have been noticing this issue too. Not sure why it happens, but it doesn't occur 100% of the time. I always thought it was due to the numerous WIFI networks that I connect too while traveling, maybe causing my PB to get confused on which AP to use.

Kimo

5. bugfaceuk macrumors 6502

bugfaceuk

Any links to this? I have a "frequent enough to be a pain in the ass" problem where I have to restart either the iMac, the router (3COM OfficeConnect ADSL Wireless G), or both to get connected again, it's been going on since 10.4.outhebox

Bug