Connectix PSone Emulstor.

Discussion in 'Games' started by videonastie, Jun 30, 2003.

1. videonastie macrumors member

I've been using the Connectix Playstation emulator for Mac for a while now. Until now I've only been playing 1 player. A chap at work bought two brand new Wingman pro pads, I managed to configure the 1 no probs, but when it came to get the 2nd one up & running, it won't allow me to have two of the same pads on at the same time, saying that I already have the buttons configured to another pad?

Does anyone know if I can change this, so I can get a 2 player GranTurismo game on the go????:confused: :mad:

2. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I have the emulator and use one gamepad pro with it usually. In my experience I don't know what problem u may be having. I assume that you're configuring one with Player 1 controls and the other with player 2. However it may be possible that one keyboard must be used when playing. I believe I tried using 2 gamepads once and it didn't work. I suggest looking in the readme and in other discussion forums, however you probably won't find much since CVGS was discontinued. Just play around with the settings, also.

3. ArtMan617 macrumors regular

I'm also a CVGS user myself. From what I've heard you can't use 2 of the same model gamepad at the same time, because it can't distinguish a difference between them...

-ArtMan617

4. NNO-Stephen macrumors 6502

NNO-Stephen

odd... also, anyone know of an OS X update to VGS? I dont figure there will be one since SONY purchased it (a-holes!) but hey, lots of folks out there just do stuff...

?

5. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

There is no OS X update now or in the works that I know of. The latest version for OS 9 is 1.4.1. CVGS is NOT supported in classic either.

6. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

Has anyone tried Flarestorm? It's supposed to be a Playstation emulator for Mac OS X. I don't have any Playstation games or I'd try it out.

7. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

There is no VGS for OS X but you can go to psx.emuscene.com if you need any help with VGS just go to the forums their. Flarestorm actually runs rather well, but their is a sound issue with it, the sound is very very choppy... But by the next release of Flarestorm it should give VGS a run for its money as it can already play FF9 perfectly Except for the sound.

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Flarestorm can play FF9? Yes! Yes! Yes! :D

Sorry :)

Anyway I could never get Flarestorm to run, it asks for a bios address or something? (after you point it to the bios file). What are you supposed to do?

Edit: The idea of playing FF9 has given me renewed hope :) My Google search for what to do actually turned up useful results this time. I've had a couple of games work now, but no luck with FF9. I'll post another thread explaining my problem.

9. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

The next version of Flarestorm is supposed to include full software emulation that doesn't require a Playstation BIOS file. There should also be performance enhancements and support for more games.

10. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny