Conservative Group Attacks Ann Coulter

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MontyZ, Oct 21, 2005.

1. tristan macrumors 6502a

I'll be a conspiracy theorist and say that it's payback for her not supporting Meiers. And for just being generally crazy and embarrassing.

2. tristan macrumors 6502a

Mandatory Ann Photo

---

Attached Files:

3. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

From an old newsgroup file I saved for some reason, some of Annie's best quotes.

[Clinton] masturbates in the sinks.
    --- Rivera Live 8/2/99

Women like Pamela Harriman and Patricia Duff are basically Anna Nicole Smith from the waist down. Let's just call it for what it is. They're whores.
    --- Salon.com 11/16/00

On Princess Diana's death : "Her children knew she's sleeping with all these men. That just seems to me, it's the definition of 'not a good mother.' ... Is everyone just saying here that it's okay to ostentatiously have premarital sex in front of your children?" ... "[Diana is] an ordinary and pathetic and confessional - I've never had bulimia! I've never had an affair! I've never had a divorce! So I don't think she's better than I am.
    --- MSNBC 9/12/97

It's enough [to be impeached] for the president to be a pervert.
    --- The Case Against Bill Clinton, Coulter's 1998 book

Originally, I was the only female with long blonde hair. Now, they all have long blonde hair.
    --- CapitolHillBlue.com 6/6/00

I think [Whitewater]'s going to prevent the First Lady from running for Senate.
    --- Rivera Live 3/12/99

My track record is pretty good on predictions.
    --- Rivera Live 12/8/98

You want to be careful not to become just a blowhard.
    --- Washington Post 10/16/98

Referring to liberals: You can't negotiate with these terrorists.
    --- Column 1/11/01

"This is no time to be precious about locating the exact individuals directly involved in this particular terrorist attack.... We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war."
    --New York Daily News, 9/12/01

"If it wasn't for Linda Tripp, Monica Lewinsky would have ended up just like Chandra Levy."
    -- Sean Hannity Radio Show, 08/2001

"Women -- and I don't mean to limit that to the biological sense -- always become hysterical at the first sign of trouble. They have no capacity to
    solve problems, so instead they fret. But despite the fearful fifth columnists whiling away the war naysaying America's response, we will win this war." Another recent piece starts out: "Liberals are up to their old tricks again. Twenty years of treason haven't slowed them down."
    --- Column 10/31/01

"Just as abortion-loving Democrats maintain that no one is in favor of abortion, they now claim they also want to make taxes safe, legal and rare."
    ---- Column 5/24/01

"Jesse Jackson is presiding over the rioting in the streets. There is a movement afoot to call in Janet Reno. Maybe she could send in a SWAT team to
    gun down president-elect George W. Bush. All we need now are chickens in the street and beggars with leprosy to complete the picture."
    --- Right Wing Watch 11/17/00

"It's like impeachment all over again. But this time it's about the results of a presidential election. Like President Clinton, Al Gore is willing to precipitate a constitutional crisis to hold on to power."
    --- Comments on election Townhall.com 11/13/00

"Al Gore's endgame is to delay confirmation of the Florida vote for as long as possible - just like his role model of a boss would do under the circumstances....Gore has a number of strategems for throwing roadblocks in the way of Florida's appointing electors, including time-consuming legal
    challenges. Nostalgic Stalinists from Brooklyn, N.Y., now transplanted to Florida in their dotage, have already trotted out lawsuits demanding a
    second chance to vote they were confused by the ballot."

--- ibid

Coulter derided the Palm Beach County citizens who filed suit to object to the illegal and misleading ballot that caused thousands of votes to be miscast as, "[n]ostalgic Stalinists from Brooklyn, N.Y., now transplanted to Florida in their dotage." She urged Bush to cast aside any worries about dignity "and start being a Texan," and bemoaned "the two blackguards in the White House now dragging the country into yet another constitutional crisis." "It will never end until these people are gone," wrote Coulter.
    -- PFAW account, 11/17/00

4. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

I've always wondered what the deal really is with Ann Coulter.
    I've heard her called many things but never paid much attention to it or her for that matter. I just thought the extremely liberal media is just beating up on a conservative woman.
    Now I see she is a very angry woman. And not too reasonable.
    It is amazing to me that someone like this can actually get an audience in this country. Then again, I'm not too surprised.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Jesus was a liberal, Ann doesnt get it never will.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah, funny that the 'extremely liberal media' never really gave you the impression that she was as nutty as she is...

You'd think that would be priority number one for any 'extremely liberal media', wouldn't it?

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

It's nice to see someone conservative giving Ann Coulter the hard time she deserves. Would that the larger traditional Republican community embrace this kind of rejection of neo-cons.

BTW, that's an interesting article. Further down there are all kinds of crazy Coulter quotes that I hadn't heard before.

The woman has a well-deserved reputation for being nuts. Though we say that frequently about neo-conservatives, usually it's mostly hyperbole. With Ann it's the literal truth. The woman has some really severe mental problems.

Ironically (considering her one quote), she is a lot like Anna Nicole Smith. The things that come out of her mouth are so bizarre, so stupid, that her notoriety exists entirely upon making a spectacle of herself. She's a phosphor-dot freak show.

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

That's why God made FOX. Otherwise, there might not be a national platform for right wing liars and fruitcakes. And then where would we be, I ask you? Where?

10. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

You might like this one:
    Republicans are a certain body part that every man, woman, and child have.
    Democrats got their head up that certain body part a lot of the time.
    Ring of truth?

11. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Well, you have to admit, physically she's rather an attractive woman.

12. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The relevance of this observation escapes me...

13. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

C'mon man. If she were more mentally sound wouldn't you want to nail her?
    Speaking as just a man? :p ;)

14. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Okay, I get it. No relevance intended, and none taken. Obligatory eye-rolling to follow.

:rolleyes:

15. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

If u would bang the devil, then go ahead. I hear "it" likes it in the pooper.

Anyway, when I find out about someones ideals and they are just so wrong in my eyes, they are ugly. I cant see anyone on Laguna Beach as "pretty" they are all ugly trolsl, just listen to how they talk. Ann Coulter is a female John Kerry, look at her!

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

OMG- the sky is falling and the devil is lacing up his ice skates.

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That's just WRONG man! :D

18. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

coulter, like rush and, he he, that sloppy looking fahrenheit 9-11 guy, are entertainers and they get lots of money for that and politics is their game

o'reilly is another one and even though i disagree with him most of the time, he is a scream to watch...oh, and donny deutsch is also a great entertainer and would be my choice to host the oscars next time ;)

the pricipled conservatives should be worried about real politicians and/or advisors like delay and rove because they have real infulence in the world of politics

coulter does not matter in the political grand sceme of things and is a mild distraction from time to time and is probably more famous for her cute appearance and photogenic good looks...if coulter was a 60 or 70 year old female lawyer who looked like a man (as many high powered female lobbyists do) people would not really care or fuss over her talking left or right wing extreme politics

but when an old lady, on tv, talks about sex like sue johansson or dr, ruth, then the whole world freaks out and either adores them or are shocked, or both ;)

19. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I refuse to minimize or gloss over Coulter's popularity or impact. As a demagogue she is the genuine article. She gets a lot of press coverage and airtime nonetheless, which has not much at all to do with her looks and much more to do with her completely shameless but expert abilities as a ranter and raver and a manipulator. I don't discount her intelligence, but I also know she is also utterly bent, a complete and dangerous lunatic. Instead of being even remotely amused by her act, we should be continually asking ourselves why she gets any attention at all.

20. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'd agree with you there. She is a demagogue.

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I don't generally forgive people who call me a traitor easily or quickly.

22. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I'm pretty sure that if you were to survey the times that Ann Coulter's name has been brought up in the MacRumors "Politics" forum, you would find that the majority of the time it's not the conservative posters who are paying her so much attention. ;)

23. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ok, but wouldn't it be just as fair to say that only conservatives pay attention to Michael Moore as evidenced by the number of hits you get on his name at Free Republic?