Conservatives call for hearings on NSA spying

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Found this via a link from the Daily Kos and it is encouraging that some conservatives are taking this issue seriously.

US Newswire

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Whats the point of Law if King George can just do as he wants and make it up as he goes? Let me get this right
    1st we let in terrorists with visa's that were never looked at.???
    2nd those terrorists do 911 with cia trained bin ladens help ???
    3rd Bush uses 911 to start a war in Iraq with bad cia info though he knows he has nothing.???
    4th Bush wants to spy on Americans and torture people they round up worldwide and send to secret camps,secret flights etc, with innocent people grabbed who have no recourse against king George Bush.???
    5th the Border is still wide open; any terrorist could walk across and most likely have allready and this is kept secret.???

Only reason Republicans are going to pretend to look into this is because of elections coming. Nothing will come of it but they will be beating thier chests on how they looked into it. Just like they looked into the administration who took us into Iraq with no WMD's.

I wish the republicans would look at this president with as much persistance they used chasing down Bill Clintons affair???
    Its a very sad time in America when spying,torture,a false war and other stuff is ignored by a Republican congress but yet they spent millions trying clintons bj.

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Good point. I'd like to think they're finally tired of having their party hijacked, but I'm sure it's all for show. They have to walk the same line Dems do where they make a show about questioning Bush's actions, but don't want to take a stand against him. What would really be impressive is if they find him guilty and impeach him. I mean, based on how well Bush's support helped in VA and NJ, I'd think they'd want to at least distance themselves come reelection time. Especially those under indictment for the Abramoff scandal.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Never thought I'd find myself on the same side as guys like Grover Norquist, but the more the merrier.

Personally, I'd love to see Bush before a congressional committee. The legal and semantic hoops that he'd have to jump through to justify this affair would make Bill Clinton look like a model of forthrightness and moral rectitude.

5. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I am glad to see that they're finally waking up to this.

I don't know the whole process of this, but if George Bush is found to be breaking the law (which he has, whether that has been "official" or not), and it is found so by congress, can he be impeached?

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes- and the sooner the better.

7. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

But we're only in step one of the process.

1. Bush gets caught breaking the law/perpetrating some malfeasence.
    2. Bush claims the terrorists made him do it.
    3. Bush claims it's not illegal to invade unilaterally/knowingly use bad intelligence/spy without warrants/kidnap people off the street/torture prisoners.
    4. Bush claims that he does not perpetrate these malfeasences, in fact, he is the only one keeping the entire world from doing these nasty things, that he is actually the champion people who hate these things, and besides, Saddam was a bad man.
    5. Bush finds a sacrificial lamb who takes the fall for the administration
    6. Bush releases some new "good" news/reaches a milestone in Iraq such as "only three ponies were killed today" and the news media immediately forgets what they were just talking about.

8. takao macrumors 68040

takao

well it could be worse.. be happy you don't have somebody as nice as our Chancellor who simply sits through every scandal without any comments and the people will still vote for him arghhh

edit: or our financial minister who perhaps is the biggest political eel in existence.. while being clueless and the biggest arrogant &%)ß i've ever seen

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Schroeder puts other European leaders to shame with his shenanigans: immediately after leaving office, he took a job at Gazprom, Putin's little fiefdom, and is now officially Putin's lapdog, rather than unofficially, as he was before he left.:rolleyes:

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

You mean the same Putin who is giving Iran Nuclear Weapons capability? George Bush and his buddy communist Putin. What a team:rolleyes:

11. takao macrumors 68040

takao

well as long as the US is supporting pakistan i'm not that worried about Putin .. after all they gave North Korea the technology and not Russia ;)

that aside it's hardly surprising that Putin has good relationships with German politicians ... he has been there for years and speaks german fluently (according to wikipedia he is married to a German teacher, his daughters visited the German school in moscow)

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

What a lovely discussion: comparing corrupt leaders of supposedly free countries. :rolleyes: