considering bluetooth might mouse but...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by farqueue, Jul 26, 2006.

1. farqueue macrumors 6502

Jun 18, 2006
    hello people, do u think the BTMM is a little too expensive just as a MOUSE?
    and... how long do those AA batteres last for??/

any ideas??
  2. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    I think you're the first person to complain about it being too expensive.

I for one believe it's too cheap, AUD$109 puts it within the range of the great unwashed hoardes of poor people who should be buying PCs. Macs are for the rich, the high-born, the privileged few who are lucky enough to possess the money to buy the best.

It should cost somewhere around AUD$200 to make it seem out of reach for the poor - give the something to aspire to, Apple need to stop lowering prices just to please the common folk.
    Oh man, this will be fun...
  3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

Apr 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    I totally agree. Plus they should make a limited quantity (1000 perhaps) to make sure only the most elite can own one. Then 5 should include a golden ticket that gets you a tour of the Apple factory and meet Steve Jobs himself!
    Darn, you fixed the color tag. It was a dead giveaway for a second.
  4. codo macrumors 6502

May 17, 2006
    England, United Kingdom
    Check this out.

I haven’t read much good about the standard mighty mouse (And the Bluetooth version is not Windows compatible, so it’s not much use to me in my bi-OS world) so I wouldn’t bother with it.

I'm buying the RadTech.
  5. Bern macrumors 68000

Nov 10, 2004
    I've had the Radtech mice and batteries usually last about 5 days before they need replacing.

What makes you think the BT Might Mouse is not Windows compatible? It's just a BT device.
  6. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Ooh, I want a golden ticket to see Willy Wonka, errr....
    ....I mean Steve Jobs. ;) :D
  7. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

May 14, 2006
    Roskilde, DK
    But it's optical, not laser.
  8. codo macrumors 6502

May 17, 2006
    England, United Kingdom
    The RadTech's are now rechargeable via USB meaning no replacment needed.

And to answer the Windows question, I read it on Slashdot, CNET or something - Couldbe fictishious, I guess. I'm unable to find the link now.

Well that doesn’t particularly matter to me, I've never used a "laser" mouse - My optical mice all work excellently for my needs.