Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iWinnipegger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
I'm considering buying a the better model of the White MacBook Series, What PC does it compare to when looking at specs? I wanna compare the two, i will also take into consideration that Macs have iLife, built in cam and mic, and OS X, thanks for the help

polevault139

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2006
Illinois
Look at a dell XPS M1210
It has pretty much all of the same specs even the web cam
it does have a NVIDIA graphics card but no superdrive
I think for the money the Macbook is a much better deal unless you really need the dedicated graphics

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
it compares to any laptop with core 2 duo and an integrated graphics chip.

honestly, with a mac you need to take more than a little consideration into the fact it is MAC OS. and also the ilife. price wise apple more than competes with the like of Dell or Gateway.

just find a model you like and go with it. don't be afraid to customize it as you need it. also get applecare it is very needed. but beware it doesnt cover your own problems. ie dropping it

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I'm considering buying a the better model of the White MacBook Series, What PC does it compare to when looking at specs? I wanna compare the two, i will also take into consideration that Macs have iLife, built in cam and mic, and OS X, thanks for the help

The Macbook compares well to the Sony VAIO® C Series. This model Sony has the same size screen and the same Intel Core 2 Dual processor. The Apple is cheaper but the Sony has more possible configurations

Sony will sell you one for $999.99 but "everything" is an upgrade. For example do you want a "large" Li-On or battery the the "standard" batery? A CD reader or a DVD burnner? and so on.

You can't really compare the price of a PC and a Mac because even if the PC were free it won't run Mac OS X or any of the Mac applications

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT..._VAIONotebookComputers_CSeries&Dept=computers

Mac'Mo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
NYC
i think some have compared it to the new hp laptop, i think like the dv2000t or something

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.