Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
Original poster
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I want to watch European football (mostly English Premier League), and it would cost me around $60 per month to get Fox Soccer Channel, as I'd have to get it as a package with dozens of channels I don't care about. :mad:

I heard about itvn in a podcast and was wondering if anyone else has it, and what they think of it. $14.95/month is much cheaper than upgrading my cable package.

Opinions?

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
Original poster
May 7, 2004
Sod off
[My one and only bump]

Anyone?

The only downside is you need to sign up for a year to get the free set-top box.

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
what podcast did you hear about it in?

i've actually seen itvn in use and was considering getting it myself, it is a very cheap alternative to the other options for sure. you do need a decent broadband connection though. i didn't get it purely because i moved to Vegas and my local pub shows every game that's televised, and i'm one who'd rather watch games there, than at home.

check out this thread on the LFCNY forums I run. it gives a very comprehensive review of itvn.

just a (big) point though, itvn is good for Setanta Sports, and NOT Fox Soccer Channel. However, SS is showing more games than FSC now, and the better ones too, as they have first pick of what they want to show, and FSC picks up what SS don't want.

let me know if you need any more help

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
Original poster
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Excellent, thanks a lot! I'll check out that review.

I actually heard about it on the World Soccer Daily podcast. It's a two hour show, but I thought it was pretty good. Sucks that it has commercials though.

I'd prefer to watch it in a bar if I could. Setanta Sports is what I'm after, so this is perfect.

I just got into EPL fooball this past season...so far the teams I've been following are Liverpool and Portsmouth...and Fulham since they've got Brian McBride.

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
well make sure you get down to a pub tomorrow as Liverpool are playing Portsmouth (2.45pm EST).

click here to find out where you can watch the games.

you're in the US i assume?

the game is on Setanta Extra, a DirecTV channel (670) and is on the itvn channel at 5pm EST.

enjoy! oh, and check out the lfcny podcast too!

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
Original poster
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Yes, I'm in the US. Michigan actually.

I'm going to be in the NYC area this summer though, so hopefully I'll be able to see some games in pubs.

I forgot Liverpool was playing Portsmouth today - I have some major deadlines so I'm going to miss it. :(

925AS

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2006
CALIFORNIA
I have ITVN and its great, I get to watch every game now between ITVN (setanta) and Fox Soccer Channel.
The only thing that I wish could change with ITVN is that at the end of last year ITVN had On-Demand, I left for Europe for a month and when I came back no more On-Demand. So I have to constantly check the schedules to watch replays of games i've missed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.