console war idea

Discussion in 'Games' started by darkwing, Mar 6, 2007.

1. darkwing macrumors 65816

Hey, I'm in the PS3 camp. Jimmi's in the Wii camp. I know z2d favors the 360. We should all get together with our respective fan-base and build fighting robots out of the consoles and then put them to the test on one of those robot fighting shows.

If I was good with photoshop or anything even remotely artistic I'd have pictures to post. Anybody?

:D

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

3. darkwing thread starter macrumors 65816

Lots happening at work, but nothing here! :p

I came in at 4:40 am because I woke up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep, and then I realized once I got here I somehow wired up 2 wires backwards on the board, and that's why the rs232c transmit line wasn't showing up on the scope. So I swapped those and things are working great.

I love OSX. Even though it's got abysmal performance when it comes to thread creation and is a major memory hog. Even though the kernel is a hodge podge of two less-than-stellar ideas wrapped around an even less-than-stellar idea. Still, I love it. I love the UNIX under it. I've got three dynamic libraries and like 6 different projects demonstrating a small implementation of a distributed object framework. I can take the source files from the DOF library, compile them for an r8c/tiny, and it'll talk to the mac through the serial port and bridging over to a virtual hub server I hacked out of an old online game I wrote's server.

And all my stocks are up after taking a beating the last week. It's a great day! :p

4. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

I dunno man, I almost stayed up too late playing Wii Sports Tennis last night. :D

I was so tired yet having so much fun I ended up playing while sitting on the couch by doing the "wrist flick" idea versus you know, the full on "swing and nearly break the wrist strap while the Wiimote flies out the window" idea. :p

I enjoy the Wii60 combo equally (I think). I just wish I didn't have to ship off my 360 for repairs so I could be playing Alien Hominid HD. :(

I'll try to Photoshop some stuff later when I get some free time. :)

5. jdechko macrumors 68040

Yeah, no kidding. But it's as I suspected. I figured that after we all had consoles in hand (for the most part anyway) much of the buzz would die down. Now we are all more or less waiting for the new crop of games to arrive to give us something new to talk about.

Heck it's the reason I haven't been posting in the gaming forums as much recently. :)

On a side note, I finally had one free hour yesterday to beat Zelda. I told my wife that that's all I needed. So she let me have one uninterrupted hour. :D

6. Phobophobia macrumors 6502

Which stocks do you own?

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

[​IMG]

8. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you :D

10. darkwing thread starter macrumors 65816

Right now just Gamestop and BCON. I believe in BCON"s product (but their understanding of electricity markets is even better) and GME is a no-brainer. I'm in the red after a painful week, but it is only a couple grand and I just made $7000 on a trade a few weeks ago, which is all going into the new house. The market's been very good to me the last year and a half. Most notably Gamestop.

I made a nice chunk of change on some Apple put options. When Apple > $90 a share there's always money to be made as it crashes back down. :p

I can't believe z2d would rather flick his wrist like a sissy boy instead of wield that 360 controller like a man! :(

And MRU, that was a good response.

11. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

My mum had money in Apple from back when it was at $19.

$19.

After she sold it it went up to $65, split, and is now hovering in the high $80s.

Sigh.

12. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Wii Sports Tennis 0wns j00! ;)
    Seriously, I love Wii Sports...it's very fun. I'm probably lame enough that I'll enjoy Wii Play as well. (even though most people think it's boring) LOL :)

Trust me bro, I'd rather be playing Alien Hominid more than anything lately but...my 360 is on a UPS truck to be sent in and taught a lesson in 'how to behave' (ie repairs). :D

I'll probably do some Guitar Hero 2 shreddin' when I get home. Damn you, you hard Psychobilly Freakout on Medium. :mad: :p

I am an EOG (equal opportunity gamer) :)

13. darkwing thread starter macrumors 65816

I have plenty of GC/PS2 games to finish before I delve completely into this generation. So much gaming, and so little time.

My boring day at work turned into my yearly performance review and a promotion! I'm so happy I might be able to stop being so negative about the Wii. :p

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Actually I've always preferred PC gaming more.

Sky Blue and Praxis are probably better candidates.

15. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Ah-Hem?

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Isn't it! I keep going back to that. The absolute best bundled game since... um... I'd say the PS1's Demo One but them games, even back then just aren't as fun!