Consolidating my 7.0.2 iTunes Library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zucka, Feb 3, 2007.

1. zucka macrumors newbie

What does "Consolidate Library" entail exactly?

2. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

It means any music outside the iTunes Music folder which is part of your library will be copied into it.

For example, say I had song "X" in a folder called "Y", which was not the iTunes Music folder. Consolidating would mean song "X" would be copied from folder "Y" and into the iTunes Music folder.

3. zucka thread starter macrumors newbie

fantastic, that's what I assumed, but I needed a clear definition to double check. So I'm going to do this on my friend's pc.... I have a macbook, so playing around with her iTunes stuff is a bit confusing. She has approx. 5gigs of music in her iTunes library, but the iTunes music folder only reads a little over 2gigs. Selecting a song at random from her iTunes library and asking it to reveal itself in Windows gave us some crazy folder in which I cannot find on her computer anywhere, but it says it exists. I found a folder that is supposed to lead up to it, but it's like the folder that the selected song is (supposedly) in has a Hide feature. I don't know how to go about fixing this, but I don't want her to have all this space being taken up on her computer with duplicates of songs even though I can consolidate the library and put everything into the iTunes music folder... Any suggestions on how I might locate this hidden folder(s) with the other 3gigs of music?