conspicuously missing

Discussion in 'Community' started by stubeeef, Apr 16, 2005.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

Aug 10, 2004
    OK, I kind live a bit here at MR.

I enjoy most of the banter and miss some posters (people) when they go for awhile.

i missed gwumacaddict during the NCAA tourney, and lately I have missed macdawg.

MacDawg oh MacDawg, where are you?

Are there some here that you follow and especially miss when they go on vacation-or otherwise? I know there is a "where have they gone" thread for old timers, but this is for present day members.
  2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    Since MacDawg's job changed, I think he's found it hard to spend as much time here as he did... maybe he has different and more pressing priorities.

jsw has been a little scarce recently. Well, to some of us living on GMT/BST anyway...
  3. tech4all macrumors 68040

Jun 13, 2004
    I know Duff-Man hasn't been here since the end of March.
  4. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    Duff-Man's the first to mind after reading this thread too.

Raven VII says...Where are you, Duff-Man? We all miss ya!...Oh yeah!
  5. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

Aug 10, 2004
    ya, used to see some of jsw around the college bball threads, but your right, he has been scarce.
    I know macdawg had some big job changes, but just don't see his posts like I used to, kinda bummed me out a bit, I always looked forward to reading his stuff.
  6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    i certianly miss jsw's posts and i liked MacDawg as well, hope they come back soon!! Duff Man is awesome as always

im sure some people will be popping up more once school gets out....
    but i know i haven't been scarce around here at all, except maybe a bit on the weekends :D
  7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    Oh yeah... where's iMeowbot?

*Plaintive meow*
  8. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Mar 5, 2005
    Long time mac user, just really joined macrumors forums.
    Wish I'd been here for longer, feel like ive missed out!
  9. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Aug 9, 2000
    Though during my semesters, I'm not a very active poster; over the summer I am (quite).

But as for me, I miss people from ages ago, though the only one that comes to mind is EnsignParis. If you check out the OldSkool threads, the people they mention, are the ones I find conspicuously missing.
  10. MacDawg macrumors P6

Mar 20, 2004
    "Between the Hedges"
    Some of you have PM'ed me, and I appreciate it.
    I know I've missed being here, but didn't know I had been missed...

Yes, my job change has severely hampered my MR time.
    I'm up at 3:30 a.m. every morning and in bed by 8:30 p.m. 6 days a week.
    Often I'm working 12 hour days.

Unfortunately the "other half" here doesn't seem to think that MR should be a priority for my time at home. Bummer.

I do peek occasionally from work, but rarely have time to reply.

I do miss everyone though... I feel closer to you in many ways than the people I work with.

Woof, Woof - Dawg
  11. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I miss eyelikeart. Realize that he is also busy with work commitments. He always had a very unique perspective.

There are others, but I just try to realize that life change. :(
  12. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    As I am fairly new here, I don't miss anybody yet. [​IMG]
  13. daveL macrumors 68020

Jun 18, 2003
  14. mvc macrumors 6502a

Jul 11, 2003
    Hey Lacero, don't worry, the feeling is mutual ;)
  15. iArtificialLife macrumors member

Jan 1, 2005
    my heart is in tokyo,japan
    for some reason i have not seen Dr.Q in a long time. maybe i am just posting and browsing the wrong threads. me has missed duff-man tooooo. Oh is just not the same without duff-man
  16. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    ive seen a few posts by duffman in the past few days and Doc Q pops up now and then, but i suppose he has been doing a lot more moderating now than posting, we even see less of edesignuk these days
  17. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    Oh hey! MVC nice of you to respond! I feel honored you took time out to reply to my post. [​IMG]
  18. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003
    I haven't heard form PowerbookG5 in forever.

On the other hand, neither has Apple.
  19. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Aug 9, 2000
    That, my friend, was hilarious. :D
  20. homerjward macrumors 68030

May 11, 2004
    fig tree
  21. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    I miss Vniow although she is posting pretty prolifically again, as well as Shadowfax (who was always a bit cynical, but always had something interesting in his posts :)).

I've been posting a lot less lately because World of Warcraft has taken over my life (If I ever had one ;)). I'd post more if they didn't block MacRumors at my school :rolleyes: :p.

22. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says.....yeah, I have not been around here much lately. Partly because I have been extremely busy with other things, and partly because, to be quite frank, I have been getting a little frustrated with the forum....mostly because it I am just sick and tired of seeing the same threads over and over again (like, "what's the best external drive..." or "which earbuds..." or "defrag program for X" or "is there any spyware/virus....")...I mean, I like to contribute and hope that I have helped out a few people but I also think people need to be able to help themselves a little bit too and they can start by learning how to search before starting a new thread (/end rant). But maybe it is just all the work I have been doing lately....just 2 more weeks before I fly to London for a holiday...maybe that'll clear my brain out a bit and I'll be back in with both feet.....oh yeah!
  23. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    I couldn't agree more -- especially the bit about people helping themselves a little bit.

You're gonna love London -- oh yeah!
  24. Dalriada macrumors 6502

Aug 26, 2004
    Moorlough Shore
    Don't wish to move off subject but as a regular reader must agree too... from the MR member nbrs constantly increasing, guess it's only normal that switchers bring with them newbie questions which we all hve to wade through. Wouldn't it be time to set up a "new member" forum/thread only for newbie questions and put a nice big fat search bar and a sticky asking to search before first posting.....

- Dal
  25. cb911 macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    haven't seen ubergeek for a while... then again that's probably because i haven't been here that much lately either. :p

whenever i don't see that "... oh yeah" at the end of a post i do feel that something is missing as well. ;) :)

about all the seemingly stupid simple question posts... i can understand why they're being made. i mean so much new software is always coming out. so while there may be a thread about de-frag apps for OS X there's always a new app coming along so people will start a new thread when they could just add to the existing one. but oh well.

we can also keep posting this courtesy message to people who seem to be confused with the forums. :D i will every chance i get. :D