Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Hey I was just wondering, and a thought came to my head. Do you guys think apple makes their so slower with every update on purpose so people continue to upgrade. I mean I remember when I got my first iPhone 4 with ios 4 and it seemed so smooth and lag free, but now iPhone 4 on ios 6 isn't smooth at all and lags slot even though ios 4 and ios 6 look the same

michaelfields

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Hey I was just wondering, and a thought came to my head. Do you guys think apple makes their so slower with every update on purpose so people continue to upgrade. I mean I remember when I got my first iPhone 4 with ios 4 and it seemed so smooth and lag free, but now iPhone 4 on ios 6 isn't smooth at all and lags slot even though ios 4 and ios 6 look the same

I actually wondered the same thing when I put iOS 4 on my iPhone 3G and it became so slow it was almost unusable. I think it's really just the hardware not being upgraded with the software though. Whether it looks different or not it's still software that's two years ahead of the device.

I could be wrong though.

Edit: Have you tried doing a restore and setting up your phone as new? That usually speeds it back up.

whocaresit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2010
I believe so. My old iPad 1 lagged so much with iOS 5.

I installed iOverclock from Cydia. Requires a jailbreak. It is so much better. It doesn't actually overclock, it puts it back to normal speed the CPU is capable of.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

Attachments

• its-a-conspiracy.jpg
    its-a-conspiracy.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 107
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.