Contact DS

Discussion in 'Games' started by sturigdson, Sep 10, 2006.

1. sturigdson macrumors regular

Hey all-

Another DS game thread- ahh well. There's a game coming out from Altus called Contact that looks to be very immersive, post-mod, and strange- a quirky RPG where you don't apparently have any direct control over the main characters, but are rather in a position of trying to influnce and guide one character to do what the other character needs him to do. Here's the IGN page- [and the Amazon page] check it out.

The style looks really bizarre and interesting- it seems to take several different graphical styles and puts them up next to one another- pretty wild. Also has some WiFi capabilities, tho it doesn't look like they're phenomenal [just item/ability trading].

Anyway- I love immersive, quirky, off-beat games- one of the reasons i was drawn to the DS. So this game has really caught my eye. i've gotten to a point that I'm actually VERY excited for it to come out. Amazon says it's released later this month.

Anybody else heard of it? have any interest?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm looking forward to this. More so than Zelda DS or any other upcoming RPG style game.

3. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I'm VERY interested in this game, I will definitely be picking this upon release

4. sturigdson thread starter macrumors regular

Phew- I hoped raggedjimmi would chime in- otherwise I would have really created a dull DS thread ; )

I also was looking forward to Zelda DS, but this has taken my attention away nearly completely- looks totally captivating. Why isn't there more attention/marketing for this title?

5. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Wow... I haven't been looking forward to a game more than Zelda DS in a long time... I'll have to read more about this one!

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I haven't been looking forward to Phantom Hourglass at all. I don't like what I've seen so far and would have preferred a Castlevania styled extra beautiful 2D game over the Sonic Rush/New Mario 2.5D

7. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

8. sturigdson thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know, ragged- i know that on GC Wind Waker really split people, but I love it for pure arts' sake. Got a bit tired of sailing at the end, of course... but the DS may keep it alive, somehow. I'm excited, but Contact has long since overtaken my excitement.

GAH! :eek: Whaaaat?? ahhhh man... do you have any more details? the Amazon ship date is like... right around the corner!

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I just read the preview and I have a headache, but this game sounds like it would be really interesting. And the idea of depicting two different interacting worlds on the two screens is too cute! :)

10. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

This and Children of Mana and Final Fantasy III are at the tip-top of my DS want-list.

11. sturigdson thread starter macrumors regular

Yah, just checked the Gamespot page, and it lists Oct. 10 as the release date. Ahh well.

12. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

There was loads of good games set for Sept and they all got pushed back to Oct/Nov. :(

13. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

Been eagerly awaiting this one. At one point it was supposed to be out this week but it's been pushed back about a month to mid October I think. Anyway, yeah it looks awesome. I'm into the weirder games myself.

My current collection is:
    -Trauma Center: Under The Knife
    -Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    -Lost in Blue
    -Advance Wars: Dual Strike
    -New Super Mario Bros

I'm on the hunt for Electroplankton.:)

14. sturigdson thread starter macrumors regular

Thread's dead, but thought I'd give it a shot.

Anybody pick up Contact DS yet? I believe I'll be getting it today or this week, if I get the time. If you've got it: what are your impressions??