Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lacemaker0427

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2015
I have just started having some trouble with my iPad Air. Shortly after I installed iOS 8.4.1, I noticed the Contacts app was stuck. I CAN open it, but I can't open any of my contact's pages within it, therefore, all the phone numbers, addresses, and notes are lost to me. Tragic!

I have closed all other apps, accomplished not one, but two hard reboots, and I've checked to see that Contacts app is still switched ON at Settings > iCloud > Contacts, and it is; none of this made any difference at all. My other apps seem to be working as expected, at least the several dozen I've used since the Contacts app failed. Has anyone else experienced this? I would appreciate any suggestions y'all may have. Thank you.

Last edited:

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Sounds like they're synced with iCloud. If so, log into your iCloud account on a computer web browser to check if all your contacts are there.

If they're all there, then sign out of iCloud on your iPad, then sign back in and see if Contacts works properly.

Reactions: ron7624

Lacemaker0427

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2015
Sounds like they're synced with iCloud. If so, log into your iCloud account on a computer web browser to check if all your contacts are there.

If they're all there, then sign out of iCloud on your iPad, then sign back in and see if Contacts works properly.
Thank you, Brian. I actually know all my contacts are still there because I can scroll up and down the list in the left side of the Contacts screen. I simply get no response when I tap any one of them. My other IOS devices have continuously been able to open all of my contacts as easily as before this latest quirk. I've been trying all the tricks I've learned in the past, and now wonder if erasing it all and then adding it all back from iCloud is my only possible solution.

I'm blaming the latest iOS update because of the timing. I keep expecting to see dozens of, "yeah, that happened to my iPad too" comments. Nothing to date, so it must be time to blame it all on my cat, Vapor. He really doesn't mind being accused of everything from the socks that went missing in the dryer to pixelation on my cable TV shows to a freak hailstorm. He just hasn't been able to fix any of those things yet, though I'm holding out some hope since he's been pretty clever before. I have to admit that MacRumorsites have been much more successful with solving iOS issues than Vapor ever has. :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.