Contacts created on iPhone not syncing with iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ben1390, Nov 23, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I'm a recent convert to the world of Apple and have got myself an iPhone 5 however I have encountered a problem, when I create a contact on my iPhone it won't sync with iCloud but if I create the contact on iCloud it will sync correctly with my iPhone.

I have tried turning the Contacts off and then back on in the iCloud settings and running a manual iCloud backup from my iPhone but to no avail.

Can anyone help me with this issue please?

Thanks in advance

2. macrumors newbie

Go to settings, Mail,Contacts,Calenders, scroll to Contacts and check your default account settings in there. I had a similar problem and mine was set to Outlook (as thats how I used to sync prior to iCloud).

3. ben1390, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012

thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Kelcoshows,

Thank you for your fast reply,

I have now changed this to iCloud and ran another manual iCloud backup but again to no avail. Any other ideas?

Edit: I've done some more digging and it seems there are two separate contact groups, once called iCloud and one which is my name. Is there a way of moving all the contacts to under the iCloud "umbrella"?

Thanks in advance

4. macrumors newbie

I'm not sure how to move a contact from one group to another. Changing that setting just means future contacts get saved to iCloud. Maybe if you made an amendment to a contact not in iCloud in would then move it to iCloud on the re save?