Contacts not importing images from Gmail....

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rjmCreative, Jan 11, 2013.

1. rjmCreative, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013

macrumors member

Hello all,

For some reason my address book / contact app is not updating to everyone's picture in my gmail address book. It shows some but not all....any suggestions? I've tried re-synching several times but it has not worked.

Also, Calendar does not show all of my dates set such as anniversaries, weddings, meetings, etcs...

Help please!!! D:

2. thread starter macrumors member

Calendar is working as intended now, however my contacts are still missing their images from Gmail.

Has anyone else faced similar issues?

3. macrumors 68020

BrianBaughn

How are you syncing to Google? If it's via CardDAV, I've noticed that syncing isn't really automatic. If you make a change on a contact on the phone, syncing will occur immediately.

Also, just speculating but Google is fiddling with their Contacts setup right now and that could be the problem.

4. thread starter macrumors member

Here is how I am synching to Google

Screen-Shot-2013-01-12-at-5.59.40-PM.jpg

5. macrumors 68020

BrianBaughn

Sorry...my head was in the wrong forum (iPhone).

When did this start? Like I said, Google, just this week, is monkeying around with their contact page. They're trying to create a unified one that will satisfy Google Voice users. GV users have been using a second contacts page created just for GV.

How much of the data that's not syncing for you is showing properly at Google?