Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimbo3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I've got my MobileMe account setup and have configured my MacBook and 2G iPhone to sync Contacts, Calendar, and Bookmarks. The Calendar and Bookmark entries are syncing fine, but not the Contacts.

I can see my Contacts on the MobileMe service, and my Macbook, but my iPhone isn't showing any contacts. This problem has persisted since launch day on Friday.

Any suggestions? I tried deleting and recreating the MobileMe account on my iPhone but had the same behavior.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

sconyers

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2008
Had same problem

I had this same problem. Actually my contacts didn't show up in MobileMe or my iPhone. After spending about an hour at the Genius Bar, they concluded that the syncing program in the operating system was buggin. So, they had me reload the setup disks that came with my computer. After that, it still would not sync. While playing around with trying to get my husband's calendars and my calendars to all sync, my contacts started showing up. Not sure why or how. I would start with reloading your setup disks. It was called archive and reload......or something like that. If that doesn't work, try turning MobileMe off on your computer and turning "push" off on your phone. Maybe turn them off. Back on. Then turn on MobileMe and "push". Good luck. Oh yeah, back up your address book.

WHM

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
South
I had the same problem at first.... now every things seems to be working as advertised...

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I've got my MobileMe account setup and have configured my MacBook and 2G iPhone to sync Contacts, Calendar, and Bookmarks. The Calendar and Bookmark entries are syncing fine, but not the Contacts.

I can see my Contacts on the MobileMe service, and my Macbook, but my iPhone isn't showing any contacts. This problem has persisted since launch day on Friday.

Any suggestions? I tried deleting and recreating the MobileMe account on my iPhone but had the same behavior.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do you have Settings / Fetch New Data / Advanced / configured. This needs to be setup to either Push or Fetch. The first time this is done it will REPLACE all of you Contacts on your phone (if I remember it correctly).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.