Contemplating an Icurve

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Dynamyk, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

I was wondering if it's really helpful to have an Icurve even though it's spending a chunk of the day with me at school. Is it bad for the rubber when the Ibook is being taken on and off consistantly?

I was going to buy the Icurve and Wired Keyboard but some people are saying it's too high or its not worth the money. I just want something that will make it more comfortable for me to write long reports and stuff.

Any opinions on what I should do, I live in Canada so my selection isn't really that great.

2. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

My wife and I went back and forth about whether or not I should get an iCurve. When hunched over looking at the laptop late into the night I often experiene a little back pain. In the end, I saved $30 and just set my laptop on this, which I had already bought used for $10. Works like a charm!

One of my professors didn't like the keyboard that came with his PowerMac G4, so he replaced it. The original keyboard was still laying around the office--so I snagged it (with permission). I had also saved my Microsoft Optical Trackball from my PC days...so my whole setup was really free...

Now all I need is a book/paper stand to keep me from bending down to look at whatever I'm quoting or taking notes on...

Back pain gone!

3. Dynamyk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

I was thinking about that but I want to increase the airflow underneath the laptop so the fan doesn't work as much.

I'm just concerned if taking it off and putting it on frequently will affect the Icurve in anyway.

The thing is I need to order it soon as I'm leaving for University next week :(

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i'm thinking about getting one too. If i don't like it i could always sell it....
    what's the height of it... so i can do a mock up or get an idea of how it will be.

5. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

Oh, I see...so it sounds like you're fairly set on getting one. I misunderstood. Unfortunately, I can't help you out...

6. Dynamyk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

7. ajampam macrumors regular

ajampam

I use the coolpad for increasing the airflow under my PB....works well...but I had considered the iCurve too....they look all cool and if you want use them as a desktop with peripherals, it would be cool....I know others who've icurve at homes, but lug their PBs to work....so that should not be a problem for the icurve...

8. Dynamyk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Cool, thanks.

I'm probably going to buy it in the morning. Along with an Apple Wired Keyboard and a sleeve/case for my baby :D

9. Vanilla macrumors 6502a

I have an iCurve which I used to have at home but now use at work as I have an iMac at home now. It's well worth the money, the line of sight is equivalent to having an Apple display in front of you, it's unobtrusive and it's design enables you to tuck your keyboard out of the way underneath your laptop as required.
    My only suggestion would be to purchase the Apple BT keyboard and possibly Apple BT mouse instead of wired versions to reduce desktop clutter.
    Vanilla