Content Mangement

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by janitorC7, Nov 21, 2006.

1. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

anybody know off hand what content management system mac rumors uses, if a commercial one at all???

additionally anybody have any recomendations of a good content management system for a online store where I can control EVERYTHING design wise

thanks

2. mac 2005 macrumors 6502a

mac 2005

MacRumors uses -- from what I understand -- a customized version of vBulletin Version 3.6.2.

I don't know what you mean by "store," but I've found reasonable success using the freeware version of MovableType to run a database-driven content site that utilizes CSS.

3. janitorC7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

how? I cant find anything..... and store as in selling things online

4. karld macrumors newbie

vBulletin is correct, at least for the forum software... But does vBulletin also do all the stories and CMS?

For an open-source php-MySQL CMS capable of doing full-blown store and complete configuration, you might want to look at Drupal. (www.drupal.org)

5. xoreu macrumors member

Like everyone has said, the forums are powered by vBulletin (you can see a message at the bottom). As for the actual MacRumors site, I'm not sure, but my guess would be Slashcode. (Slashcode is the publicly released code for the CMS Slashdot uses.) I'm just going off of the design/layout here - I don't know if that's what it really is.