Contest for Amateur Filmmakers

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mblazened, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Mblazened macrumors regular

Dec 20, 2002
    The Valley

My father is having a contest for amateur filmmakers and videographers to submit stock footage to win a THUNDERPIPE FX, his new special FX toy. This is a must-have for any aspiring filmmakers or special FX enthusiasts.

Stock Footage Contest

Here are some Samples of the Thunderpipe FX in action:
    Dirt Explosion
    Explosion w/ Debris
    Homemade Fireball

Basically, submit your stock footage by november 1st. Whoever gets the most votes wins! Check the site for official rules and such.

Good luck, happy shooting!
  2. cb911 macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    wow sweet!! thanks for the heads up on this. :D

entries by November 1st, eh? that's not too long... especially considering that includes postage and i'm way out here in Australia. :eek: well, i hope i can get something in.

props again to your Dad for that site and all the cool stuff he's done. :D
  3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    sounds like fun.

I might submit something but I'll be curious to see some of the entries. Are you going to show them on your website?

4. Mblazened thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 20, 2002
    The Valley
    Yes, the top submissions will be pasted on the contest page for an open voting
  5. teabgs macrumors 68030

Jan 18, 2002
    behind you
    your father is responsible for that page? that's awesome. I found the page about a month ago, and would have checked out some of the footage except I don't need any of that stuff for the film I'm ALMOST FINISHED with.

Do you get to help explode stuff?
  6. Mblazened thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 20, 2002
    The Valley
    Yeah, its kind of strange to live in a house where giant explosions erupt from all around without warning. I'll be working in my studio when all of a sudden, KABOOM! the whole house shakes, a giant mushroom cloud rises to my window and I can hear the confusion and screeching of tires from the traffic on the streets. Then my dad cackles maniacally and goes to make another bomb.