Contest Idea

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by Vlade, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

I was thinking a great way to increase production would be a contest with prizes. Here is my idea.

Basically anyone who wants to enter can enter and has an equal chance. We start, lets say September 1st, and anyone who is entered goes to the Extreme Overclocking page and finds their future production as of October 1st. That is their "target score". After once month, you take your actual score and subtract what your target score was, and that is what your official score is. Therefore if you keep 100% even, your score is 0, if you lose machines you will end up with a - score. Let say someone add 5 computers for a total of 100 points per day, then they would end up with a score of about 3100.

The user(s) with the highest scores win some prizes. Anyone can donate something, I will donate copies of my shareware game, others are welcome to contribute what they want.

What do you think, we could get front page exposure, and it wouldn't be that hard to score (someone just saves the users future after 31 days at the EOC page), and it could potentially add to our production thousands of points per day.

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

So I should shut off my folding right now and kick it back on on Sept 1st? This way my future will show 3 points of improvement over the month but instead I'll get something like... 10,000 over that? :) Might wanna add to the rules... but sounds like a good plan. I might have to sneak a new "service" on the computers at work... :p