CONTEST: YOUR Presidential Predictions from August!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LeeTom, Nov 1, 2004.

1. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

10 weeks ago, some brave MacRumors souls answered my request for a popular vote prediction to the 2004 U.S. presidential election. Well, the day is upon us, and here are the people that responded with one actual percentage point, in order of most awesome prediction to least awesome. (I've also included blackfox's prediction, the only person to predict that bush would lose the popular vote, but win the electoral college, so I've included it, and put 1%.)
    The winner of this contest will get a copy of Jon Stewart's "America, The Book" courtesy of Lee Tom.
    If you win and already have a copy, you can choose a mystery gift, which will be equally as cool.
    This is a closed contest, no more entries, but feel free to leave your comments!

Your Predictions
    Code:
    MattG			Kerry	+10% (at least)
    sorryiwasdreami		Kerry	+10%
    Lee Tom			Kerry	+9%
    jefhatfield		Kerry	+5%
    Macmaniac		Kerry	+2%
    Neserk			Kerry	+1%
    blackfox		Bush	-1% (loses popular, wins electoral)
    relimw			Bush	+3%
    stubeeef		Bush	+3.17%
    Winner Decision Details

I will decide solely upon how close the percentage is (meaning you can be over or under), with these exceptions:
    If Bush loses popular, but wins electoral, blackfox wins.
    If Kerry loses popular, but wins electoral, Neserk wins.
    If it is exactly between two people, I will do a coin toss (for example, if Bush wins with 3.085% of the popular vote, it will be a coin toss between relimw and stubeef).

2. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

This is going to be interesting, I am going to be up all night watching the election results. I hope I'm right.

3. relimw macrumors 6502a

Hmm, I agree, should be interesting, especially if I win :) I had totally forgotten that I had made a predicition.

Currently, as of this posting:
    Code:
    person      electoral votes:
    Bush        193 (51%)
    Kerry       112 (48%)

Hmm, 3% currently ;)

4. LeeTom thread starter macrumors 68000

LeeTom

You're looking like you could be the winner, relimw... we'll know soon.

Lee Tom

5. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I already feel like a winner today, wether I get the closest prediction or not. Thankyou for emailing me, I have not been to this forum in weeks.
    I like my prediction better than some others have done this morning.

God bless America!

6. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

IF

Well if I am the lucky one (at my last count W was up by 3.11%) please forgo the generous gift and give something to the red cross via my link below. If you could give to the hurricane relief specifically I would be grateful.

7. relimw macrumors 6502a

Eh, I'm from the hurricane mess, I'll take it ;)

But on a serious note, I don't need any silly present, give to open source, it's your friend, my favorite: CrystalSpace 3D sdk

8. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Congrats it looks like ya nailed it!