Continent of Asia to compete with MS

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Durandal7, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001

2. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    read the story over at /.

just the ability to have better chinese/japanese/korean character support would be a good incentive.

one of the reasons i bought Mac/OS X is because of its superb Japanese character support, straight out of the box.
  3. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Yes, why don't they just go with Mac OS X. Why try to rebuild almost perfection!
  4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Most people don't own macs.....;)

But this is good news in a way. Competition is exactly what MS needs. And coming from Asia, that will have a huge user base (China).

D :D
  5. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Jun 23, 2003
    St Augustine, FL
    I wonder if Bill is downloading in his pants yet...usually when those Asians do something, it ends up being small, efficient, and never breaks. All you need is to chip away at a few bricks at the base of the castle to bring the walls down...let's see if this will add a few more chips to Microsoft's castle.
  6. applemacdude macrumors 68040

Mar 26, 2001
    Over The Rainbow
    Why don't they just go with Mac OS X instead of building their own operating system? Anyways this id good news and I hope this diminishes Microsoft's Monopoly and market share...
  7. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Maybe Apple should slip them Marklar, there problem would be solved without the massive purchase of hardware.