Contour Showcase 4G good for 5G video?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by DCBass, Dec 1, 2005.

1. DCBass macrumors 6502

2. Battousai macrumors member

3. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

You can't link sites from the apple online store. Try linking from the manufacturers website.

4. DCBass thread starter macrumors 6502

well, too bad that the link doesn't work....

Here's the case. Check out the Showcase or the Showcase Sport

http://www.contourcase.com/

iLounge lists it as one of their favorite cases in its holdiay guide

In Apple's Online Store / iPod Accessories / Cases / 4g Cases....
    look at the most recent posts. Apparently people have gotten the 4G case to work with the 5G iPod.

Anyone here try this, or have any thoughts on trying this?

Also, what is Apple's retail store return policy for accessories such as this?

5. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

Looking at what the Contourcase is, it might work. The dimensions of the 4th and 5th Generation iPods are almost the same except for how thick they are. The 5G iPod is said to be, what, 30% thinner? I would worry about the iPod moving around in the case and scratching the corners.

6. DCBass thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm...

I was also thinking that the click wheel might not line up properly either.

7. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

Contour are redesigning the Showcase/Sportcase for the 5th gen iPod. Supposedly, for release at the end of November. :confused:

Shouldn't be too long now. Wait for the official case. I don't think I'd use anything else for such a scratch prone device and if you used the 4th gen case, the click wheel wouldn't align with the gap properly.

8. WeeShoo macrumors regular

Funny, I e-mailed them about it, this was the response.

(We are currently working on a new case (not yet certain what type of case it will be) for the new video iPods but do not yet have an estimated release date (should be hopefully before the upcoming holidays). Please continue to check our website (www.contourcase.com) for any updates/new information regarding this product. (You may also register on the site to receive email notification when the item becomes available.) Thanks!)

9. powerboy macrumors regular

Update

I am waiting to get the new Contour Showcase for my 5G iPod. I emailed them yesterday and this is the response I got.

"Our new SHOWCASE for the video iPods is still not yet available but should be soon - due to circumstances beyond our control, the new release date has now been moved up to tentatively by the end of this month. Feel free to either continue to check our website for new updates or register on the site to receive email notification once the item is released. We apologize for the continued delay - thank you for your patience!"

10. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Some lucky b*stard over here in Blighty has managed to score one of the new Showcases for 5G from Contour UK. Its on the Contour thread on iLounge. I didn't believe him, called it BS, and he produces a picture of it (black model with black 5G iPod) with my post in the background!

Looks very sweet, and as much as I love my Core case, its the case for me. hell, I'd get one for a nano if they had it in the right size!

The most recent update is that they should be available from the end of this month - yay!

EGT - nice 'tar BTW ;)

11. powerboy macrumors regular

Now available

The Showcase Video is now available from the Contour website (http://www.contourcase.com)!