Contract over..upgrade to 5 or *5s/6*

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cali shot doc, Dec 15, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I have the iphone 4 and my contract just ended last week. Im torn between upgrading to the iphone 5 now or waiting for the 5s/6 (whatever it gets called). I'm not in a huge hurry so its not a got to have now type thing. Anyone else in this dilemma??

2. macrumors member

As much as I LOVE my iphone 5 over my old 4S, I think you should wait for the next generation. I have a feeling apple will make something really innovative in the iphone next year! But if u don't have that feeling, then get the 5 lol. It's a big upgrade over the 4S

Edit: I just realize I kept writing 4S. I meant iphone 4

3. macrumors newbie

I upgraded from a iPhone 4 to iPhone 5. I like it and only upgraded because I needed more memory and was worried that AT&T would follow Verizon and get rid of the unlimited plan. My recommendation is that if you have no real need to upgrade I would just wait. I miss my jailbreak and being able to customize my iPhone. Honestly if it wasn't for the need for more memory I wouldn't have upgraded. The iPhone 4S and 5 didn't have anything that made me feel like I need to have that phone. My battery life and usage are the same as it was with the iPhone 4.

4. macrumors 68040

F123D

Do you want a larger screen and LTE? That should help answer your question.

5. macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

This sums it up. Otherwise keep waiting for the next update.. Perhaps around the 7 or 8 that 4 will start feeling a little tired.

6. macrumors 6502a

Hmmm...sounds like the same old theory people have every year.

The iPhone 5 is perfect for me, personally.

7. macrumors demi-god

Zwhaler

iPhone 5 is a little underwhelming, I would say get the Galaxy Note 2 or wait for next gen iPhone.

8. macrumors 68040

Jordan921

If your 4 isn't having any issues then wait. I upgraded from a 4S and love the 5.

9. macrumors 68020

RedCroissant

If it's GSM, then get it unlocked and switch to another carrier and save yourself money until the new one comes out. That way the money you save can go to buying the new one unlocked as well and continue that awesome cycle of savings.