Control 2 Computers With 1 Keyboard, Mouse and Monitor?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by D.nash, Jun 7, 2006.

1. D.nash macrumors newbie

Jun 5, 2006
    hi here all
    i have an old computer,and i bought a new one several days i want to use the new one to playing games only,and just make the old one into a home theatre.but i hate too much equipments around my room,so i need a device for Control 2 Computers With 1 Keyboard, Mouse and Monitor.and i found one in the internet:[​IMG]

is here anybody know about it?or is it siut me in my situation now?
  2. brianus macrumors 6502

Jun 17, 2005
    The KVM (keyboard/video/mouse) switch you posted has VGA connections for the monitor and PS/2 for the keyboard and mouse. If either of your computers is a Mac, you'll need USB instead of P/S2. And for your monitor, you'll need to make sure what kind of connection you'll need (VGA? DVI? ADC? Also make sure you can get the same kind of connection on both of the two computers).
  3. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    I use a KVM to switch back and forth between my Power Mac G5 and my PeeCee. Works very nice for those who need the best of both worlds. :)
  4. D.nash thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 5, 2006
    thanks brianus

thanks brianus
    I just have checked out my equipmenets,it suit me well as your reply:D
    I 'll just make an order,and I'll tell you guys the details after I use it.
  5. bcpnikhil macrumors newbie

Jun 7, 2006
    My dad had a similar predicament.. he bought the Belkin "Flip" USB KVM switch, which also switches audio. It works extremely well. Also, the USB KVM, though it says that it only switches USB Keyboards and Mice, essentially functions as a USB 1.1 hub switch, so you can plug a hub into the usb port on the switch and plug in a printer, keyboard, mouse, etc, as long as you don't mind the USB 1.1 speed.
  6. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

May 14, 2006
    Roskilde, DK
  7. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

Jan 27, 2005
    Synergy is great.

But you need a screen for every computer -> not much use to the OP.