Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does CC lag more for you on ios 9 that it does in ios 8 ?

• yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I tried ios 9 on an iphone 5s and a 6 and CC lags on both with or without the fancy blur effects. I don't want this to be the new weather app lag where it is fixed after a year so I am asking you to make a big deal out of this and maybe Apple will fix it. Right now, CC lags even on ios 9.1 beta.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The potentially bigger question in relation to something like that would be how much does it matter to someone (if at all) even if there is some lag?

Reactions: EJ8

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
The potentially bigger question in relation to something like that would be how much does it matter to someone (if at all) even if there is some lag?
Don't you care if your device is laggy?

Reactions: lovewd

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Don't you care if your device is laggy?
Sure, but at times it can depend to what degree and where--for example if it's a minor lag in the weather app when looking at different cities, which is something I almost never do, then it's not likely something that would matter much to me, even if it's there. Taking a more typical user, they probably wouldn't even realize there's some lag when it comes to some animations and movement, let alone perhaps care about it, especially when it comes to something they might rarely use, if ever at all (there are sure plenty of people out there that don't even know what Control Center is, let alone use it in some way, even occasionally).

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I just realized that even swiping through pages lags :\ on my 5s, this is the worst iOS ever, now I love ios 8.

Reactions: vertsix

JXShine

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2015
On iOS 8, on my 6 plus, swiping up control center from home screen often lags and opens up an app in the dock instead. No longer happens on iOS 9 so I am happy

lovewd

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2013
Sure, but at times it can depend to what degree and where--for example if it's a minor lag in the weather app when looking at different cities, which is something I almost never do, then it's not likely something that would matter much to me, even if it's there. Taking a more typical user, they probably wouldn't even realize there's some lag when it comes to some animations and movement, let alone perhaps care about it, especially when it comes to something they might rarely use, if ever at all (there are sure plenty of people out there that don't even know what Control Center is, let alone use it in some way, even occasionally).

This is the update Apple claimed would tout performance improvements. Lag is not a performance improvement. No matter how many excuses you sit here and try to make excuses for apple, the fact is they did not deliver what they promised with iOS 9. iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 are extremely powerful phones, and theres no reason they should be lagging anywhere. At all. Apple dropped the ball by releasing an update that even there newest, most powerful phones can't even handle without lag. If thats something you want to ignore, go right ahead, but I think the rest of us are pretty disappointed in apple for a GM with lag in it.

Reactions: XTheLancerX

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I just... I would do anything to have the chance to try one of those devices from those users who voted "no".

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This is the update Apple claimed would tout performance improvements. Lag is not a performance improvement. No matter how many excuses you sit here and try to make excuses for apple, the fact is they did not deliver what they promised with iOS 9. iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 are extremely powerful phones, and theres no reason they should be lagging anywhere. At all. Apple dropped the ball by releasing an update that even there newest, most powerful phones can't even handle without lag. If thats something you want to ignore, go right ahead, but I think the rest of us are pretty disappointed in apple for a GM with lag in it.
I completely agree with all that. What I said was mainly in relation to Apple treating it as an important/major issue.

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010
I just... I would do anything to have the chance to try one of those devices from those users who voted "no".

I voted no. I have no idea what you people are talking about. Mine is probably the same but I don't expect sheer perfection out of my phone. A millisecond here or there just doesn't matter. In fact as I answered, I don't even notice it. Same last year when you peeps said the animations weren't fast enough.

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
Absolutely it lags.

I've seen it lag on iPhone 5s, 6, 6 Plus so far on iOS 9.

The iPhone 5 however has been relatively smooth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.