Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dallasuo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
Canton, GA
This is probly a simple fix but I am a newb. When I try to crtl+click anything on the desktop or in finder, all the icons and menu bar flash and it closes finder or returns to the main menu. I don't recall changing any settings recently so any help would be appreciated. It does this with the ibook's keyboard and trackpad as well as with the BT Key and ms.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
I have occasionally experienced that the BT keyboard got stuck. Have you tried to shut down the BT keyboard (by flicking the switch underneath) and ctrl click with just the iBook keyboard?

dallasuo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
Canton, GA
gekko513 said:
I have occasionally experienced that the BT keyboard got stuck. Have you tried to shut down the BT keyboard (by flicking the switch underneath) and ctrl click with just the iBook keyboard?

Yeah. It doesn't work with either keyboard. I even turned the BT off and tried but nothing works.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
You may want to peek in Library:Contextual Menu Items (these may be present both under your system volume and inside your user home folder) to see if there is anything new or unusual. Even if the plugins there look bland and normal, try moving them elsewhere for safekeeping, them logging out and back in. One may be defective or corrupt and getting in the way.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
You may also want to try downloading Onyx and running the maintenance items (repairing permissions, etc.).

Sure, you can do many of them without Onyx, but it's a useful tool for a lot of things.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
dallasuo said:
I ran all of the maint. stuff with onyx and still nothing.
Have you tried logging in as a different user to see if it happens there too? If not, then you might just need to recreate your admin user.

Of course, it may just be easier to do a re-install of Tiger at that point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.