Control iphone via Windows over Wifi?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ACardAttack, Jan 25, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

Okay, Im on 4.1 and want to be able to plug my iphone into my home theater and then be able to skip songs, pick songs,etc from my computer...can I do this?

Ive seen a lot online about something called VNC, but I've never found a good explanation or steps on how to do it...also I prefer free for this if possible.

Thanks

2. macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Sounds interesting...I'd like to know this too!

3. macrumors 68000

ulbador

Install Veency on your iPhone and then install a VNC client, like RealVNC on your desktop.

4. macrumors newbie

does this mean the phone has to be jail broken to do this ?

5. macrumors 68000

ulbador

Yep, has to be jailbroken.

I'm not sure how you would do something like this without being jailbroken.

6. macrumors newbie

Well if all you want to do is:

Download Apple's free remote app. With the Remote application, you will be able to remote control iTunes using your device (no additional software needed).

Alternatively, there are many FREE media remote apps (with free computer clients) in the Apple app store.

Now if you want to have full control over your computer (i.e. remote connection to your computer), use Teamviewer. Both the app and computer client are free.

BTW, the above does not require a jailbreak. Best of luck.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

I've done this, and finally figured out how to get it to work, BUT I can barley control the ipod...I can use the pause, and skip buttons on the dock, but I cannot select songs, skip songs in the ipod or select like artists and such...is that a normal issue with Veency or is there something wrong, like too much running on my computer at the time?

8. macrumors regular

i have the app and i tried using certain apps and it wont click on the buttons, i tried my ipod i got it to play the song after like a million clicks, the same goes from scrolling, i have the same issue

9. ACardAttack, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011

thread starter macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

So I guess its not just a my equipment issue...its a shame cant really get the ipod to work with it...anyone had any luck?

FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!! turn "show cursor" to off and it works a lot better! can control my ipod pretty well now!