controllers for mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by twoodcc, Sep 23, 2006.

1. twoodcc macrumors P6

Feb 3, 2005
    Right side of wrong
    so do any of you who play games on your mac, use a controller or keyboard and mouse? what controllers are good?

anyone got their xbox 360 controller to work with a mac? this would be ideal for me, since i already have a 360 controller, and let's say i play halo on it, i'd get used to playing halo with that controller.*
  2. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

Sep 4, 2006
    Its been done just do a google search and you should fins the downloads for getting the 360 controller to work on mac
  3. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

Feb 3, 2005
    Right side of wrong
    yeah i found it. can't get the wireless one to work though.

but i was also wondering what others use? which controllers or mouse/kb?
  4. Ringo macrumors regular

Mar 30, 2004
    The wireless one will not work with any computer BUT microsoft plan to release wireless 360 controller that will work with windows for this Xmas. Chance are that some people will make driver for the mac. Untill then, only the wired one can work on a computer.

And for the latter question, i use any keyboard(im not picky on this alway used the keyboard that came with my mac) and for mouse i use a logitech wheel mouse the wired one, because that way i cant lost it.
  5. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

Aug 8, 2006
    if noone knows, 'gamepad companion' will get any usb pc human interface joypad / joystick / mouse to work in osx and has a button mapper, i use it with all the classic console emulators
  6. JAT macrumors 603

Dec 31, 2001
    Mpls, MN
    Any thoughts on whether Gamepad Companion or USB Overdrive is a better solution? Ignoring the slight price difference.
  7. Josias macrumors 68000

Mar 10, 2006
    I am running Halo in XP Home SP2 under bootcamp with my wired Xbox 360 controller. In Mac OS X, you just plug it in, and it works, but with Windows, you need some sort of software.

I tried the controller with a Halo trail in OS X, works great, as well as with the real Halo in XP, but I'm trying to get used to gaming with mouse/KB, so I use my BT Mighty Mouse and the MacBook keyboard.
  8. evangelion-01 macrumors regular

Jul 6, 2006
    Try to see if you can find the "Sega Saturn USB" controller by Sega, it's a wonderful controller and it's made for mac/pc by sega :)
  9. bwoodwar macrumors newbie

Sep 6, 2006
    Kelowna, BC, Canada
    The Belkin Nostromo Speedpad N52, here, is an awesome controller. It can be used for almost any time of game. It can be easily customized too.
  10. AppleinJapan macrumors regular

Apr 10, 2005
    Thats completely misleading ! Ive just bought one and you need the 360 shareware installer for it to work. Halo does not recognise it otherwise nor any other cant just plug and play it !