Controlling iTunes from a SE K700i

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mfacey, Nov 8, 2004.

1. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

Just received my new Sony Ericsson K700i cell phone. Absolutely fanastic phone! I noticed that the phone allows you to control various aspects of your computer as a remote. Moving the mouse and clicking all works fine, but there is also a remote for a media player. Sadly the play and skip functions (and any other functions besides the mouse for that matter) don't seem to work in iTunes. Does anybody know a way of solving this? Does Salling Clicker (sorry I'm unfamiliar with this piece of software) allow me to do this?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
  3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

That's the Salling Remote Basics, which is nowhere near as full-featured as Salling Clicker.

I recommend you try out Salling Clicker, you'll love it :cool:

4. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Salling Clicker is the first shareware program I have ever actually paid for. It is a great addition to my SE T610 and Mac experience. I think of new ways to use it all the time. If Basic is not enough for you, try out the full version. The $20 is easily worth it.

5. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

I also have a SET610 and I must agree that Salling Clicker is an awesome program. Definitely go with the full program. Not only can you fully control iTunes, but you can control, iPhoto, DVDplayer, Quicktime, Keynote, Powerpoint, and EyeTV. I actually was able to easily program a remote for EyeTV before they made their own, and I am not a programmer or anything. Salling makes it really easy with scripts.

As far as draining the battery, it does, because SC shows the current song and gives a live update on elapsed time/remaining time. I just disconnect until I get to a song I want to change or want to raising the volume. That keeps the battery usage to a minimum.

6. mfacey thread starter macrumors 65816

mfacey

Love Sallingclicker! Nice piece of software.

I have two questions about it though.

First of all, how do you adjust the volume in itunes? I see the icons on the screen of my phone but can't figure out to which buttons this function corresponds!

Secondly, what's the deal with Powerpoint? I'm using powerpoint 2004. When running a presentation I can't get individual bits of text to pop up. This all works fine when I hit the spacebar on my keyboard. Which button does this?

Thanks for all the info!

7. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

When using Salling Clicker, make sure that you connect to your phone using the SC menu on your Mac. Then in the phone menu, go to connectivity, and then to accessories. Inside accessories should be the name of your computer. Once you choose that you will see all the SC functions. Highlight iTunes and you will be able to control everything. All the SC functions have little built in help menus so you can figure out how to use them.

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Romeo is a freeware alternative to Salling Clicker. It works great on my SE T627.

9. haiggy macrumors 65816

I wanted that phone as my first phone. Can I ask how much you paid for it? And is it worth the price?