Controversy Over Plans for Changes in U.S. Parks

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Aug 26, 2005.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-parks26aug26,1,5675469.story

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

WH positions that favor business: 28,266
    WH positions that favor the little guy: 1

(the "1" is the national Do Not Call Registry. and to be honest, i don't know whether bush supported that or not)

3. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I put my number on that list and I sitll get tellemarkets calling all the time, so change that to "0".

4. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

It seems that nothing is worth anything to the administration unless it's producing a tangible good that they can tax, sell, or use for political advantage.

Who needs those trees over there?! There's strip-mining to be done! Aah, listen to the sound of those snow mobiles....Progress!! Better living through air pollution! All the weak animals will die off, saving resources, which you liberals like, and leave only the strong to survive, like that Darwin fellow says, who you liberals seem to worship anyway.

It's the Park Service for goodness' sake, of *course* they're trying to protect the parks against all comers. Saying they're insulated and cult-like for protecting the heritage they're charged with protecting is stupid.

What's worse is, some are already fooled.

5. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Lotsa stuff where I differ on some internal management policies of the NPS, but not in this particular arena. Cell phone towers? Duh? People don't go to parks to listen to airplanes...

But if they'd open up some areas to hunting...:D

'Rat