Converse Shoes

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by falcon1, Dec 11, 2006.

1. falcon1 macrumors regular

falcon1

Who on here wears converse shoes? I personally like them but I don't wear them mainly cause my town is southern and there are alot of rednecks but i'm not one. I was thinking about getting my first pair of low black converse at the first of the year and I was just wondering what people think of people who wear them in your town. In mine, mostly punk kids wear them or rocker kids but there is also a crowd that try and act like they have to much money for here and try and wear converse with different stuff like in L.A. Just say what you think I guess lol.

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I have two white ones (low). Everyone wears them here, the punk kids, the regular kids, nerds, old people, rich people, whatever. They're just comfortable everyday shoes for everyone. I live in Southern California, if that helps any.

3. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

I heart converse. I have a red low-cut pair and black hi-tops. My red ones get compliments all the time. They're so asskicking. Get 'em if you like 'em, no one will judge you.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

My sister likes them. Not many people wear them around here though. Everyone grew up and got regular "shoes". I'm here in suede Clarks.

5. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

That's one awesome brand in fact. Classic for summer...

6. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I like the way Converses look but I don't think they're all that comfy. :eek: Got a pair of black hightops, red pair of low tops (can't find), and a holey pair of black low tops.

7. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I have a pair that I wear regularly, but I have to say, the aren't good at all in cold weather or wet weather. (bad for the winter).
    I don't think they are all that comfortable, but I like wearing them in the summer since they are thin and light.

8. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Pros: Comfy as hell, Look damn cool, go with ANYTHING
    Cons: Made by Nike, laces constantly come un-done (at least for me), Made by Nike.

Currently I wear a pair of black low tops, thankfully I've got a job with no dress code so I get to wear em to the office.

9. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

i have the "goth" series; black with red stripe and red lace buttons. I want to get some low-rise chucks, though. Maybe i should shout myself a christmas pressie :p

At Big Day Out (a music festival where about 20 bands play over a day), i reckon about 2/3rds of the crowd were wearing chucks :D

10. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I used to get 'em since they were cheap and non-leather, but now that Nike bought the company they've gone up in price, and... they're made by Nike. So I've found other, better quality non-leather shoes.

11. falcon1 thread starter macrumors regular

falcon1

What do yall have against Nike? As for me the pros and cons go like this:

Pro: Light and thin, look awesome, you can get basically any color
    Cons: People think their for rockers and goth people, not to good in winter, the sizes are werid i think

12. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

13. pixelbaker macrumors member

pixelbaker

I have a pair of black low-tops. Nobody around here wears em really because I'm in a major hick area too. Only ones that wear em are the ones that listen to something other than country(hicks) or rap(jocks). About them coming untied... double knot?

14. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Haha, yes I second this, everyone wears them here. I used to a lot, but i have moved to Vans black slip-ons (the canvas variety). I like the look, they're SO comfortable, and look good, some would say even better, when they get a little tattered.

15. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Black low-tops wearer here. Pretty much every serious musician in my area wears them...

16. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

another one of the "yes, i used to, before they move to sweatshops"... kind of like vans, etc.

i've always found vans to be more comfortable. although neither brand is good for the arches of your feet... so flat

17. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I have a pair of Dwayne Wade's shoes, but I'm guessing youre not talking about those.

18. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

I know loads of people who where them here. Popular with who we call 'indie kids' to go with their skinny jeans.

Personally I think they're a rip off. And the fact that they're owned by Nike confirms that I will never wear them. I'd rather wear some Doc Martins that last for years and years and years...

19. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Converse, or more specifically All Stars are the only fashion item that was 'cool' in south Africa, and is also 'cool' here in the netherlands. I think I am on my 8th pair, have had them in all the colors, but they always have to stay low. At the moment I have a black pair, with a red lining, and also a really dark green pair, which is made from some weird material. still haven't figured out what though.
    But here in The Netherlands, everyone wears them, from the rich to the poor, from the average joe to the goths. If you look down the aisle on the train, you are guaranteed to see at least 10 pairs of 'stars.
    the design will never get old!

20. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

I can't stand it when people give people labels for the shoes they wear.

21. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Mmm, I have a white pair that are now on their last legs. Today my mom refused to reimburse me with my annual new pair of shoes and I was forced into buying a pair of adidas/goodyear shoes. They're cool but I loved my converse!

and vouder17 what was that about South Africa? There's lots of 'cool' stuff here :( Except broadband!

22. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Oh no doubt, SA is full with a bunch of goodness, I was just trying to point out how widely accepted all stars are. When I moved here, I was wearing Billabong, quicksilver stuff, cos that was wat everyone in SA wore, but now I am wearing all this other euro stuff. And the only item of clothing that survived the transition were the all stars. They are real die-hards:p
    And I can promise one thing, would rather have dial up and good weather, than have broadband and be stuck here freezing my arse off.

23. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Ok, converse is so awesome then! But I just love cold weather, wish I was there! It's easier to turn up the heat the to turn it down.

24. OwlsAndApples macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

Everyone 'round here wears them, though there is a kinda segregation between 'indie converse-wearers' and 'emoish vans-wearers', but the two are merging! (Or just growing to accept each other...)

25. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I have blue low tops but I haven't worn Chucks that much since high school.... although, when I was at Michigan, I had an amazing pair of Glenn Plaid ones. I should probably go looking for some cute new ones. :)