1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Convert Apple Lossless to Mp3 tool?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Greenjeens, Jan 6, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

I've been an audio snob and looks like I'm paying for it. Never was into mp3's, but sure is easier to to find a CD player that will play mp3 files than dealing with a car DVD player without a screen. Navigation without the screen isn't easy.

Anyway, I want to convert some of my Apple Lossless Encoded files to mp3. ITunes doesn't work, Toast 7 doesn't work. Audio Hijack Pro works but only converts in real time so it's very slow. I've searched these forums without success.

What's the correct audio tool for a ALE to mp3 conversion?
    iTunes compatibiltiy would be nice.

Thank You,
    Dave

2. Moderator emeritus

Why doesn't iTunes work for this conversion process? It works for me and countless others here. :confused:

Edit: To clarify...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=2029601&postcount=3

3. macrumors regular

OOPS. Missed the "convert selection to mp3" option in advanced tab. I'm always playing with the "advanced settings" in preferences, just didn't see that option because it was greyed out and I expected an on the fly conversion to mp3 when trying to burn, but only got error messages that said I had to start with mp3 files first to burn an mp3 disc..
    Embarrassed but very relieved.

Thanks for taking the time to point out what's so obvious now.
    -
    Dave

4. macrumors 6502a

cgratti

Dont worry about it, alot of people miss that stuff. The important thing is you got what you needed and now know where to find it.