Convert asf?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BoneyardBoy, Aug 20, 2004.

1. BoneyardBoy macrumors member

Jun 10, 2004
    Under the sea
    Hi every1. i've been looking eeeeverywhere for some software that'll convert .asf files to basically any format compatible with iMovie so i can import some of my asf files but no luck. Does anyone know of any software that can do it or any way I can get asf files into iMovie?
    cheers v much. Stephen
  2. BobbyBox macrumors newbie

Sep 9, 2003
    Oxfordshire, UK
    A fix

You can use Cleaner 6 from Discreet...

remember that asf is the Windows Media container and as such is not really designed for editing in iMovie (Before I get shouted at I know Windows Movie Maker can handle windows media for editing but afaik it's only 9 series codecs. and its wintel anyway)

Cleaner may be your best route to convert or "transcode" your clips into quicktime or a DV stream.

3. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

Feb 4, 2004
    Florida Resident
    Play it from one Mac/PC and record it from the line-in on another Mac/PC. Use Sound Studio or Garageband to record for the Mac. You can use one machine but you won't hear anything as you record but you can at least see the progress bar reaching the end after it finishes playing.

I bought cleaner 6 too. It's faster and you can have batches.