Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nomadic82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Hi all, this may be a very stupid question, if so I'm sorry...

I want to import some .avi movies I've got into iTunes and maybe onto a video iPod. What format is best for that, and what program should I use? I did a search and not much showed up, I tried to download iSquint but there was a problem with the download (twice). So I'm a little stuck... Any suggestions would be great, thanks!:)

copperhead

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2007
Minnesota

I want to import some .avi movies I've got into iTunes and maybe onto a video iPod. What format is best for that, and what program should I use? I did a search and not much showed up, I tried to download iSquint but there was a problem with the download (twice). So I'm a little stuck... Any suggestions would be great, thanks!:)

mp4

try cucusoft, that's what i have (on pc). if you get the suite you can transfer video files to ipod format and you can also rip dvd's right into ipod format and import them into itunes

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004

iSquint is definitely the best one I've used so far, especially for free. What sort of trouble did you have with the download?

nomadic82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Thanks guys, I've no managed to DL iSquint successfully, for some reason there was an error when I tried before but now it seems to have been successful! So now I just have to work out how to operate the program!

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
I used iSquint to convert some avi's for iPod. Then added to library, and they showed up. When I went to sync the iPod, I was told they could not be used on this iPod. So, I used the convert for iPod function in iTunes and they worked just fine. However, now I have two copies! Will work on that later. Think I can highlight one at a time and check the "convert" function. If it is grayed out, I think that will be the one that has been converted, and I can delete the other one. No big deal!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.