Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDonaldsd

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
London , UK
I was wondering could any one to tell me some free software I can get so i can play them on my Palm lifedrive

When I rip DVDs to my mac the vob and I cant find anything to encode it something my palm will play

diddy

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
MacDonaldsd said:
I was wondering could any one to tell me some free software I can get so i can play them on my Palm lifedrive

When I rip DVDs to my mac the vob and I cant find anything to encode it something my palm will play

Try Handbrake. It can rip a DVD to most of the standard codecs.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
As the a above poster has said, use handbrake and convert to mpeg4 and let the resolution equal your palm screen (cropping might need to be done to). Once the dvd is converted drag the movie to the 'send to handheld' app that was installed with the other palm software. Then when you perform you next sync, the movie will sync.

iMAC G5dreamer

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2004
Thanks for the help,my question is for those who have been able to rip dvd's and watch in palm os,Which are the setting one must use the get a HQ movie on palm(T3)

thanks

sigamy

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
NJ USA
Follow thehe advice above and visit http://www.1src.com. They have a video forum on there where you can get help.

I've done it on my Clie (which I no longer have) and I think my workflow was:

1. Rip DVD on my Mac using MacTheRipper
2. Convert VIDEO_TS folder to DivX AVI using ffmpegX
3. play this file on clie with one of the Divx capable players like mpeg4player or something...

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
sigamy said:
Follow thehe advice above and visit http://www.1src.com. They have a video forum on there where you can get help.

I've done it on my Clie (which I no longer have) and I think my workflow was:

1. Rip DVD on my Mac using MacTheRipper
2. Convert VIDEO_TS folder to DivX AVI using ffmpegX
3. play this file on clie with one of the Divx capable players like mpeg4player or something...

The Lifedrive should already have an app to play the video :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.