convert mono to stereo?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ero87, Sep 7, 2006.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

Hey friends,

I just bought a used Tv on which to play N64, but a lot of the sound effects aren't coming through. I'm thinking that this is happening because there is a white and yellow port, but no RED. This is mono sound output, right?

Is there some kind of adapter I could buy so that I could plug in the Red?

Thanks!

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I used to play N64 on a Mono TV (lol) and there was no problems with sound effects.

3. calculus Guest

calculus

Probably but some games will also let you change their settings so that the output is mono.

4. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

Radio Shack. Buy a "y" splitter; it won't be stereo, but it will feed both L and R into the mono input. They cost around a buck.

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Are you plugging it into the front of the TV? Are there ports on the back that include all the yellow, white and red?

6. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

If you plug it into the Yellow and White connections on the TV, it should pick up that there's nothing connected to the right audio input, and use the left signal on both channels. Pretty much every TV on the planet does it...

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

If the TV only has yellow and white and the cable has all three, you might actually have to plug the red plug into the white jack. The sound from the N64 could already only be on one of the plugs.

B