Convert Mozilla Firebird Bookmarks to Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maradong, May 26, 2004.

1. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

Howdy,
    anybody knows of a way to convert Mozilla Firebird Bookmarks to Safari compatibles? I just can't find any possible way at the moment. There is no documentation I could find during a brief (!) search on google.
    Of course Applications like Safari Bookmark Exporter won't work, for I need to do the exportation & importation in the other way. :eek:

I guess I am pretty clueless. :confused: And hey, entering every bookmark one by one if out of question. There are just to many of them ;-)

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Safari Enhancer

3. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

Follow these steps if you want to do it without third party software:

1. Quit Safari.
    2. Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.
    3. Type "defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1" (without quotes), then return, which will enable to Debug menu in Safari.
    4. Open Safari.
    5. In the Debug menu, choose "Import Bookmarks...".
    6. Navigate to Home/Library/Phoenix/Profiles/[Profile name], then go through whatever folders are there (probably only one), and choose a file called "bookmarks.html". This will create a new bookmarks folder in Safari containing your Firebird bookmarks.
    7. If you like, you can then disable the Debug menu by repeating steps 1 to 4 but typing "defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 0" instead.

4. maradong thread starter macrumors 65816

maradong

Thank you, that worked like a charm. :D
    /me is back to the KHTML-World.