Convert Multiple Batches Of Avi to Mp4?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by strongs, Jan 29, 2013.

1. macrumors member

strongs

Hi All,

I'm after some advice please. I have around 100 Avi files that I need to convert to MP4 in order for me to be able to add them to my iTunes library and play them on my :apple:TV.

I need a easy to use program that will allow me to select ALL of the files and convert them together.

I have tried Handbrake and Smart Converter both very good programs but will only allow me to do one file at a time which is slow and requires me to sit a my desk doing one file after another :(

I just want to be able to select all of the files together and select the output source folder and click GO! and leave my computer to it.

Open to suggestions for a good Mac application or a Windows application.

Thank you in advance!

2. macrumors 68030

Dave Braine

3. macrumors 601

(nm)

4. macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Handbrake will allow you to do multiple files in one go–there's an 'Add to Queue' option at the top of the window. Though it sounds like what you really want is just to be able to drag files to the program, convert them, and forget about it.

5. macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Yep

iSkySoft Video Converter. Cheap. I use it all the time, and I've never had an issue.

6. macrumors 6502a

2012Tony2012

Adapter

7. Dave Braine, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013

macrumors 68030

Dave Braine

MPEGStreamclip - free.

MPEGStreamclip.

8. macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Right, I figured repeating MPEGStreamclip would be a waste of time since you made it clear it would do the job. Just wanted to point out HandBrake had the ability.

9. macrumors 68030

Dave Braine

That's OK. :D :D

10. macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

I use Handbrake for this sort of thing. In addition to the queue, you can open a whole folder full of videos, and it treats them like titles from a DVD. Then, under the file menu, there is an option to "Add All Titles to Queue". So, in one fell swoop, open the folder where your AVIs are located, choose your conversion settings and destination folder, add all titles to queue, start the conversion, then forget it until they're all done.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

11. macrumors 65816

Partron22

HandBrakeBatch lets you select multiple files, and then runs Handbrake on each.