convert PAL video_ts to NTSC video_ts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by continuum, Nov 18, 2004.

1. continuum macrumors 6502

continuum

Ok...my next question... I have a video_ts folder i downloaded and it is PAL format. i need to burn it to NTSC format. will toast do this automatically? i saw under the video tab that when DVD-Video is selected it will give the option to burn to PAL or NTSC...but when DVD-Video from Video_TS is selected there is no option for PAL or NTSC. again, will Toast automatically convert to NTSC or do i need another way of doing this via other software? thanks!

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Are you sure you need to convert it? Most TVs will play both PAL and NTSC without any problems. If you convert it you'll lose quality, so it's best to keep it in PAL if possible.

3. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

so the DVD player will play both formats and it's the tv i need to make sure can do PAL and NTSC? it's a newer philips tv...i'll have to check the specs.

4. davegoody macrumors 6502

davegoody

KEEP IT AS PAL IF POSSIBLE

If you do keep it as PAL, even if your TV does not support PAL your DVD Player almost certainly will have, in the menus, somewhere that will allow PAL disks to be played back in NTSC - if not then your TV if it is modern will almost certainly play it back anyway. I have the same issues from time to time (though in the UK it is normally the other way round, i.e. we are PAL based). PAL is better quality anyway - Good luck ! :p

5. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

i burned this DVD and it won't play on either of my Sony DVD players (one less than a year old and one 5 years old) and the TV didn't seem to make a difference....soooo.....how can i convert the Video_TS folder to NTSC?

6. live4ever macrumors 6502a

You can use mpeg2works' built in DVD Converter App to convert the main feature. In order to rebuild the menu you would need something like DVD Studio Pro.

http://www.mpeg2works.2ya.com/