Convert PROTECTED .mov

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Kardashian, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Hello. I have a Protected .mov file that I saved from the AOL website (Its a video clip of Madonna's new song, 'Sorry'). I want to export it onto my iPod, however being protected, I have no idea how to use it. Can somebody please help me? Thanks!

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Not only did you post this in four different forums, but you are asking how to steal.

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Unfortunately, because those videos have access controls built in, telling you how to get around the lock would be illegal :(

4. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

iGary: Sorry! I didn't know where to post it to get the most attention, I am new you know. Also, I would appreciate you being a little bit nicer. Sorry but I started my post with a Hello, and ended with a Thanks - you just come in, very bluntly, and answer me in a way which makes me sound like I have an alterior motive of some sort. I like Madonna, I like her video, I would like it on my iPod, thats all. I appreciate your help but you dont have to be so darn horrible to people!

iMeowbot: Thanks for being so polite and having some sympathy. My apologies, I did not understand the severity of wanting to use a protected file obviously :eek: Obviously it can be done, but if its illegal... I would rather not. Thanks anyways!

5. croshtique macrumors 6502

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Perhaps, iGary should have been nicer but considering that it seemed you were spamming the forums and stealing, you'll get similar reactions from other people, too.

I'm sure that you'll handle things differently in the future.

Welcome to MacRumors! You've already made a name for yourself. :D :eek:

7. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Thanks to the 2 people who have responded since my last post. I did not want to steal the video, if thats how things looked - and I am quite offended people would assume so. I was honest about where I obtained the video, and my intentions - right from the get-go, surely these wouldn't be the actions of someone dishonest.

Thank you very much for my welcome to MacRumours! I hope I haven't caused too much disruption on my first visit! Thanks once again everyone! :p

8. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Lol

So have you got it on your iPod yet?!

:D

9. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Fire:

Yup! All up and running now.

I downloaded a program called PSPWare.. its designed to convert videos of all kinds, and music - to be 'PSP-ready' - but the files also work on the iPod, which is handy.

You lose quality, but not THAT much, on an iPod screen you can barely notice a drop at all.

Yay for me! And without the help of anybody :rolleyes:

(Although, I am veeeeery grateful for all your help!)

10. cosmik macrumors newbie

nice way...

I did it this way:

in VisualHub (buy it!) in advanced settings:

Force: ffmpeg decoding

for my Iphone: H.264 encoding Quality: High

works like a charm!

cheers