Convert to screensaver

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ®îçhå®?, Oct 14, 2006.

1. ®îçhå®?
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Hey guys,
    I am new to converting videos to other formats and i want your help. I got the Apple Demo from the Apple store today and i just wanted your help on how to convert it into a screensaver format so that i can set it as a screensaver. It is the new ipod nano ad without music so if any of you want it aswell, tell me how and ill put it on the internet.

2. Aperture
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

Aperture

Someone already went to the Apple Store and got the demo video & posted it here on MR. You can use SaveHollywood

3. ®îçhå®?
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I saw the thread about it last year but not for the new one.

4. Aperture
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

Aperture

5. Pistol Pete
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

6. ®îçhå®?
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

7. jakeacc
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

The "SaveHollywood" software isn't a TRUE video to screensaver converter. It's basically just a video player that is activated when your screensaver mode is activated. I could just open a .MOV in Quicktime, set it on full screen, and have it looped playback and get the same result.

Does anyone know of a way to take a video file and convert it to a real screensaver file? I do a lot of motion graphics/animations and would love to use one of my animations as a screensaver that I can send to people. I know such software exists for the PC world, but havent heard of a Mac option.

Anyone know?

8. Poeben
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

Quartz Composer, part of Apple's Developer Tools. You can map QT movies (and even live video from a DV cam or iSight) to a number of modules. No way, that I know of, to support audio though (although you can use audio as an input source to affect other parameters.)