Converting CSVs to TSVs?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iChief, Oct 2, 2004.

1. iChief macrumors member

iChief

Does anyone know of any software that can convert CSVs to TSVs or to vCards? Preferably Freeware - I know, I'm tight. I want to convert my address book from my Palm Pilot to my new iBook - Yes, I too have recently seen the light. I switched two months ago. I sold my old PC to my cousin and I wont get to see him for ages but I've got all my contacts on my PDA too. But it only exports CSVs, ABAs and TABs.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

For stuff like this, I use abandoned freeware text editor, BBEdit Lite. I find commas and replace them with tabs.

3. iChief thread starter macrumors member

iChief

Where can I get it? I'll have a look for it on VersionTracker.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Couldn't you just do it with TextEdit or does the exported file not open? If it can be opened, do a find and use option-Tab as the replacement character.

5. iChief thread starter macrumors member

iChief

Thanks guys, I feel a bit stupid. I was trying to change the file type by typing the suffix manually - duh! I didn't see the Format drop down menu in the Save dialog box - hey, I'm a newbie for chrissakes! :rolleyes: So I finally sorted my TAB file out nicely. All I had to do was convert that into something Address Book would recognize. I found some freeware on VersionTracker called Address Book Importer 1.2.3 and it worked really well. I'd def recommend it. The developer says he's going to support CSV files in version 2.0
    Anyway guys, thanks for your pointers.