Converting mp3's to wma's?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mightyvt, Jul 17, 2006.

1. mightyvt macrumors newbie

Jul 17, 2006
    Does anyone know any programs that convert mp3's to wma's? Yeah i know, why i am doing that to my mp3's?

Well the verizonwireless phone i have has an mp3 player and i have a miniSD car to store the songs but the mp3 player only plays wma's. I would greatly appreciate someone's help

2. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

May 15, 2005
    Tacoma WA
    I think windows media player does that, but I don't remember if the mac version will. Windows Media Player is sort of outdated on the mac is why I say that. The pc version if I remember correctly had that ability.
  3. mightyvt thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 17, 2006
    are they any programs for macs u can possibly think of...?
  4. chippie macrumors newbie

Jul 25, 2006
    I'd like to solve ther puzzle... Is it: Samsung SCH-a990

Some idiot at VerizonWireless decided to cripple the Samsung SCH-a990 by not supporting the MP3 file format! Hello...Is anyone home??? The digital music player only supports WMA files??? Verizon... Please get out of the bed with Microsoft. Support Macs!!! Unless someone finds a quick solution I'd pass on this phone if you own a Mac. And it's a shame... The phone has so many cool features including a 3.2 Megapixle Camera. I was so pissed! Verizon burned me before when they disabled the Bluetooth on my old Motorola v710. And now this!!! So now I too need an app that will convert MP3 to WMA. Finding apps that go the otherway is easy. Once again MP3 to WMA. Ahhhhhhh Verizon SUCKS!
  5. OutThere macrumors 603

Dec 19, 2002
  6. dejo Moderator

Staff Member

Sep 2, 2004
    The Centennial State
    Not much of an MP3 player, huh? ;)
  7. balamw Moderator

Staff Member

Aug 16, 2005
    New England
    I was thinking the exact same thing... ;)