Converting MPEG1 Muxed track to VCD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jahbungle, Sep 2, 2003.

1. jahbungle macrumors newbie

Can anybody out there help me in Converting a MPEG1 Muxed track to VCD. I have some music videos in mpg format that I would like to write to VCD, but when I try to export them as Toast ready VCD files I am told that there is no video track.
    How can I convert them to toast ready VCD files.
    I am working on a mac OS9,
    Any help would be appreciated
    KAIN

2. p^2 macrumors newbie

mpeg1 headache

Try this link on Apple's Discussions:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?13@111.T3jqa2vJkQU.0@.599acee5/2

The meat of the discussion is how to demux and get it coverted to a supportable QuickTime file.

"download BBDEMUX from versiontracker open BBDEMUX
    drag your mpeg-1 file to it
    a few seconds later you will have 2 files: 1 video with a .m1v and an audio .m1a (I may have the exact spelling of this wrong, but there is a 'v' and an 'a' in the extension).
    Take the audio file and change the extension to .mp3. It will ask you if you want to change it to .mp3...click yes.
    then import that MP3 into ITunes (this tricks ITunes)
    in ITunes, convert that file to AIFF
    Now, you have an audio file recognizable to FCP or FCE etc.. etc..
    Then import both the new audio file and the original .m1v file into FCP and ba-da boom, ba-da bing...it's there.
    BIG POINT: these 2 files will NOT be synched for editing...meaning, if you edit the video, the corresponding audio is NOT edited. This could be key to your editing.
    I found a workaround for this issue - take both files into FCP, then print to video on your camcorder, then rewind and recapture. Since the original file is MPEG-1, I scaled mine to a full 640x480 size before printing. The res is a bit distorted, but once you recapture, the results are justifiably A-OK. Anyhow, once you recapture, your audio and video should be synched and you're good to go. "

Or try this:

http://nzmac.com/features/2003/04/rodney_tamblyn.php