converting .pst to mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by drewel, Jun 23, 2004.

1. drewel macrumors member

drewel

No doubt this has been asked before, but I haven't found it yet:

Can anyone share the best way to convert Microsoft Outlook file extension (.pst) to Mac? Will it also save all of my settings like different folders & sent items? Thanks.

2. reaper macrumors 6502

There really is no way to convert that data to Entourage unless you are on an exchange server. If you are, then you can save all of the info to the server and retrieve it from the mac. Otherwise, you are pretty much stuck importing all of the info separately (maybe try exporting contacts to a tabbed text file, although I had no luck with it) or e-mailing things to yourself and then opening them and reformatting them for Entourage.

This site should get you started.

- reaper

3. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

I'm a first time switcher (only two days ago!) and I grappled with this one for hours....

easiest way I ended up getting Outlook data...
    was paid $9.95 for a add-in to mass export all vCards (contacts), and then for mail - I did a free trick.

Exported all mail to Outlook Express...
    added my .Mac account in Outlook Express...

created folders on my Powerbook (in Mail) first...
    created same folders in .Mac account (both in the web and in Outlook Express)

then in Outlook Express - dragged emails into the folders I'd created in there for my .Mac account (as I set it up as IMAP non POP), then automatically put then into .Mac account...

then clicked on the respective folders in my Powerbook (Mail) and voila they all instantly appeared.

So wasn't as painful as I was expecting.