Converting quitcktime movies to animated .gif?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Soulstorm, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Really, do you know any way of converting a quicktime file into an animated .gif?

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Yes. With Quicktime Pro, at least. Export the QT file as an Image Sequence. Then open them with your favorite graphic converter (that can deal with image sequences), put it together, and save it as a .GIF.

3. Soulstorm thread starter macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

yeah, but how do I end up with one (not many) single file that is an animated .gif? Graphic converter exports each image in a separate file!

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I edited my above post.. you then have to then put all the images together with your favorite animated gif creator. I use Adobe ImageReady.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

ImageReady actually makes it nice and easy, you don't even have to put it together. File > Import > Folder as frames ;)

6. eeeRIE macrumors member

7. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

Didnt you already get your answer in your first thread, or am i missing something?

8. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

am i the only one who finds this ungodly slow and clunky? i've tried doing it (albeit with a 20minute clip...:rolleyes: ) and took at least an hour and before it finished it quit saying it was out of memory :eek: (2gb ram)
    edit: im an idiot, completely misread what you were saying. thought you were talking about importing a qt movie into imageready :eek: