Converting RealAudio to WAV/MP3/ACC???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chewbaccapits, Feb 7, 2004.

1. chewbaccapits macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

Does anyone know of an app. that does this? I remember there was an app (itunes associator) that could turn any file into an itunes mp3 file but its for classic (I don't have classic installed). Does anyone know of anything close to this that can convert those pesky real player files into wav/aac/mp3?

2. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

I don't know of any apps for Real Player specifically, but Ambrosia's WireTap can record any audio that's going through your speakers and save it as AIFF, and then you can use iTunes to convert it to MP3 or AAC. You can download it from:
    ftp://ftp.AmbrosiaSW.com/pub/freebies/wiretap.sit

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

If you happen to have a Windows computer, try dMC. You'll need to manually install the RealAudio codec from the "Codec Central" portion of the site.

4. chewbaccapits thread starter macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

Wire tap??

I tought real player somehow blocked it?....guess I'm wrong....I'll try it....Anyone else?

5. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

Re: Wire tap??

I haven't tried it for Real Player, but I don't know how it could be blocked. When an application sends sound to the speakers, they can't (that I know of) control whether other applications intercept that information.

But I could be wrong... :)

6. ephramz macrumors member

Audio hijack!

You would of course be looking for Audio Hijack (record any OS X audio output to AIFF) or Audio Hijack Pro (ditto, but to MP3 and other nifty add-ons):
    http://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/

awesome program! great for cranking the volume on low-level DVD's too.

7. Spizzo macrumors 6502

I use audio hijack too. Will work on any stream, i used dMC but it only worked for some streams.