converting sound to RealPlayer Media format

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pleman, Jul 1, 2005.

1. pleman macrumors newbie

Does anyone know of software that will convert sound files (mp3, aiff, etc) to RealPlayer Media format? I am running OSX v10.4. I am posting church sermons on our web site and would like them in .rm format. As an option to this, is there a better format to post audio?

2. grobbins macrumors member

You can use the Real 10 export plug-in to convert any QuickTime-compatible file to RealMedia. After installing the plug-in, choose Export from the File menu in RealPlayer 10, QuickTime Player Pro, or other QuickTime-compatible application that supports converting file types.

If you post rm files, also make ram files (simple text files containing the URL of the rm files) and give out the URLs of the ram files. That avoids requiring that your users download the full rm files in order to listen to them.

3. pleman thread starter macrumors newbie

converting sound to RealPlayer Media format

Thank you for your response. I bought SoundConverter and it does convert to .rm. However, when I play the .rm, there is no sound. I am using OS 10.4.1: perhaps this is not compatible. I emailed SoundConverter and am waiting for a reply.

Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks

4. pleman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. My problems with converting are mostly related to OS 10.4.1 not being compatible. OS 10.3.x works fine on my other computer.